Superlite GTA

I do not believe that there is any question that the Apex will come to life. The apex is not as exotic looking as the SLC but is still very aggressive imo. I definitely think people will be taking a second look. Hell, when the c7 first came out, people who didn't know about it were doing double takes and asking if it was a ferrari. Just my 2 cents...

I know people will want to take a second look around here. There is a pretty big car scene here in Indianapolis with more than a couple TT lambos and the fastest privately owned gtr in the world. On Saturday nights there is always a huge gathering of all types of cars, my grandpa would take me when I was little and there was muscle cars everywhere. Now it's nothing to see 300+ cars from American cars old/new and some really fast imports be it Hondas and supras. My point is that any car guy that sees the apex will want to know what car it is if they do not recognize it.

Every car I have had I always debadged and liked how people didn't know what car it was. The apex will be no different, only car guys/girls will come ask what it is and check that car out and that's fine with me. The looks and questions while driving around town is fun too.

Guy's, I agree; “a true car person will always take a second look at something they have never seen before”!
That's why I specificity stated: “the average person will just think the Apex (if ever produced) is just another nice looking modern (mass produced) production car”.

I don't think you can honestly and objectively compare the design (looks) of an Apex to that of a C7 and certainly not a Lambo! IMO the C7 and Lambo are both in a much higher (all be it separate) “Curb Appeal” category then the Apex. If history repeats, I suspect in another year or so the C7 will have lost all it's “unique curb appeal luster” when they become a dime a dozen on the street just like the C4's, C5's and C6's have experienced. Please realize, that this is coming from someone that has always loved Corvette's and is presently on his 12th Vette.

I think that the GT-R suffers from the same lack of recognition that the Apex will experience. The GT-R has nice looking lines and puts down supercar quality numbers! However, how many people other then true car guy/gals will give its due as being a high class limited production 6 figure machine capable of blowing off the doors of most production cars? It sort just blends into traffic. I don't think that people will be speeding up to the Apex and hanging out the window to take a picture?

Please don't misunderstand me; I'm not taking anything away from the looks of the proposed design of the Apex. I think that the design is extremely nice....I just don't think that it is unique when put along side of many fine production cars and certainly will never be mistaken for a supercar!

Once again; just my 2 cents.
Jim

The way the car looks, and it's overall dimensions (remember the car is WIDE and low), I would think it would have roughly the same curb appeal as something like an Audi R8. True, I don't think it's going to be something people flock to, but I do believe it will get more than a passing glance.

I understand your point Jim, I just disagree haha, respectfully of course haha. I think the apex as a little bit of every supercar out together in a way that is beautiful. Honestly I feel most non car people would think the same as seeing a SL-C, we all know it looks like a Daytona prototype. They definitely would not know it was a kit car or what exactly it is anyways. There are plenty of things that someone could do to make the apex different/tailored to your personal liking to make the car not just unique to any other apex but unique for cars in general.

Out of curiousity does it matter what people think of the car you build/enjoy? There are plenty of car scenes that I don't understand or like haha, but I've always appreciated hard work and others projects. Hell have you seen the lambo turned mustang?

I disagree completely about the C7 standing out more than an Apex. No chance.

With that being said, I couldn't care less. I want a light, quick, tossable car for the street and track!

Mr. Wolfe

Last edited:
I disagree completely about the C7 standing out more than an Apex. No chance.

With that being said, I couldn't care less. I want a light, quick, tossable car for the street and track!

Mr. Wolfe

Agreed, that was what I was getting at, I love the look and performance potential so I'm going to build it. Build it the way I like it not so others like it.

less concerned with getting attention, more concerned with having a lot of fun driving :)

I'd love a porsche 914 to throw around and have fun on the street! there is a lot to be said for simple/light/quick = fun fun fun :)

To be honest, I'm not even sure how we got on the subject of which vehicles are more exotic looking. Someone said that the Apex would be unique and it seems to have been taken to mean exotic.

Like all of you, I think that the Apex looks great. Is it going to turn as many heads as an SLC? Probably not but definitely more than the c7 :laugh: Without having seen it in person, I can't get a great feel for the lines but the back end is definitely very exotic looking and WIDE like someone already said. If some of the earlier dimensions are accurate, it's more than 2 in wider than a gallardo and less than 2 in narrower than the aventador which is massively wide. People sitting behind you at a light are going to notice it.

My take... I don't care if the Apex doesn't look like a gaudy veneno. For 40-45k, I will have a great looking dd capable "supercar" that should do 0-60 in the mid 3s, might top 200 mph, and be at home on the street or track. What more can I ask for?

To be honest, I'm not even sure how we got on the subject of which vehicles are more exotic looking. Someone said that the Apex would be unique and it seems to have been taken to mean exotic.

Like all of you, I think that the Apex looks great. Is it going to turn as many heads as an SLC? Probably not but definitely more than the c7 :laugh: Without having seen it in person, I can't get a great feel for the lines but the back end is definitely very exotic looking and WIDE like someone already said. If some of the earlier dimensions are accurate, it's more than 2 in wider than a gallardo and less than 2 in narrower than the aventador which is massively wide. People sitting behind you at a light are going to notice it.

My take... I don't care if the Apex doesn't look like a gaudy veneno. For 40-45k, I will have a great looking dd capable "supercar" that should do 0-60 in the mid 3s, might top 200 mph, and be at home on the street or track. What more can I ask for?

I have only seen it in clay, but your description it totally accurate. Target was for the first time builder with a super price point too.

I wonder how intense this build will be (timewise)? Anyone want to guess? When I built my Factory Five Roadster, it took me a couple of years, but obviously it can be done much quicker. Not sure how many hours I had into, but I am wondering how the Apex will compare in complexity and time. Surely, it has got to be much easier.

Mr. Wolfe

My guess is cutting & bolting it all up in a couple of weekends.
Paint prep & painting, same.
Details, as much time as it takes, up to your desires. This is what really takes the time, especially should you have to build an engine, etc. Interior is also up to the builder.

I wonder how intense this build will be (timewise)? Anyone want to guess? When I built my Factory Five Roadster, it took me a couple of years, but obviously it can be done much quicker. Not sure how many hours I had into, but I am wondering how the Apex will compare in complexity and time. Surely, it has got to be much easier.

Mr. Wolfe
My guess is in the neighborhood of 100-120 hours minus paint for a standard build. That was an early estimate by Fran so it might have changed greatly but it should be well under the "standard" SLC estimate of 200-250 hours.

I think FFR estimates 250 hours for their roadster so the Apex may be roughly half of that. Though Jack, you are correct. The details are what kills your time in these builds.

Mr. Wolfe

I might be a pessimist but I think It will take me closer to 500 hrs to do mine. I have been reading on the FFR forum for quite a while and a cobra build with 500 hrs is nothing special. From what I have read, the cobra is quite simple to put together but door alignment, gap fitting, body work and details...add up. Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see how the Apex is going to be easier to build...(other than the fact that Fran's fiberglass work is on a class of its own). Anyways, to me the building process will probably be as enjoyable as driving the finish product (otherwise I would just go buy a used supercharged Elise for the same money)

I might be a pessimist but I think It will take me closer to 500 hrs to do mine. I have been reading on the FFR forum for quite a while and a cobra build with 500 hrs is nothing special. From what I have read, the cobra is quite simple to put together but door alignment, gap fitting, body work and details...add up. Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see how the Apex is going to be easier to build...(other than the fact that Fran's fiberglass work is on a class of its own). Anyways, to me the building process will probably be as enjoyable as driving the finish product (otherwise I would just go buy a used supercharged Elise for the same money)

From personal experience, I can saying building any car can be as time-consuming as you want it to be. I do know this, making an FFR body look good takes a lot of time and work, especially if you are not a professional. I think there is a chance to save 100 or so hours right there compared to the Apex. No matter what anyone says, building a car is a lot of work. It is fun as hell though. :thumbsup:

Mr. Wolfe

My personal opinion is many Apex (Apex's/Apexi) will be doing 0-60 in less than 4.0 seconds.

Mr. Wolfe
I'm hoping that my proposed build (500whp, 325 rear pilot super sports, and racelogic traction control) will do it in low to mid 3s. It's all a question of how hard the TC has to work. I was just curious of some real numbers with a lower hp fiero with narrower tires.

EDIT: Apexi hahaha I love it

Back