Superlite GTA

According to the superlite website,, the Apex is already 78" wide, I'm not sure you want to go much wider than that. The SLC is "only" 74 inches wide.

Considering the micheling pss run way wide to begin with, I think I'll be happy with 325s (really like a 335). I think that the flared rear quarters would look great but like James and Fran said, they'd make the Apex wider than an Aventador which means wider than a London city bus :shocked:

Somebody talk me out of twin charging... it would solve lag problems for road racing but be a tuning nightmare. And yes, twin charging has been done on 4g63s

Last edited:
From my limited suspension geometry knowledge, changing your offset to get that more aggressive look will potentially increase your scrub radius which will amplify bump steer. In other word it will negatively affect your handling, you will have to fight with the car to keep it where you want especially on less than perfect pavement.

Here's some good read about this:

Technical || H&R Special Springs, LP

Maybe Fran can comment on this, but he could probably design the suspension for a more aggressive offset than what the oem corvette wheel offers.

Thanks for the post. From my experience with my custom cars, the only time I had "tracking" issues was when I went wider up front. The handling was improved, but daily driving on a highway could sometimes turn into a chore.

Maybe Fran will jump in on the subject.

For what it's worth, I don't want to do a widebody, I just like a flared fender, always have.

Mr. Wolfe

Mr. Wolf your absolutely right, my understanding is that it has a significant effect when you considerably change the offset up front (you shouldn't have bump steer in back...). I was assuming you were going for the deep dish wheels on all 4.

So 8500 RPM is not out of the question with the 4g63? Revs are more important to me than a V8 to be honest. I love cars that start singing after 7k. Have you shared your plans for your engine on here? I am interested.

Mr. Wolfe

With a well prepped head with aftermarket valve train 9k is very easy... On my setup I have the redline set at 8750 for good measures. The main issue when you rev that high becomes having to much oil stuck in the head and not enough left to lubricate your bearings.

Here's a nice write up on the question with the ultimate (read not cheap) solution to rev to 9k all day long. To be fair any engine that sees longer track sessions needs dry sump...

Magnus 4G63 Dry Sump Full Kit | Magnus Motorsports

Here's the budget solution which is supposed to be quite effective and a no brainer considering its price.

HLA Pressure Regulator - 4g63 - Kiggly Racing Parts for DSM and EVO

The HLA pressure regulator + accusump should keep most enthusiasts on the safe side.

Cheers!

With a well prepped head with aftermarket valve train 9k is very easy... On my setup I have the redline set at 8750 for good measures. The main issue when you rev that high becomes having to much oil stuck in the head and not enough left to lubricate your bearings.

Here's a nice write up on the question with the ultimate (read not cheap) solution to rev to 9k all day long. To be fair any engine that sees longer track sessions needs dry sump...

Here's the budget solution which is supposed to be quite effective and a no brainer considering its price.

The HLA pressure regulator + accusump should keep most enthusiasts on the safe side.

Cheers!

Does anyone make a race oil pan? On the 3000gt/stealth forum shops sell a custom oil pan with a small kickout where there is some room to add over 1.5 quarts of oil, and has baffles to keep the pick up completely submerged on a road course when pulling a little over a G thru a turn.

Thanks for the post. From my experience with my custom cars, the only time I had "tracking" issues was when I went wider up front. The handling was improved, but daily driving on a highway could sometimes turn into a chore.

Maybe Fran will jump in on the subject.

For what it's worth, I don't want to do a widebody, I just like a flared fender, always have.

Mr. Wolfe

I was looking at widening the SLC (which I will finally be able to start putting it together in a couple of weeks), but after playing with some suspension design software, I was amazed and even a bit overwhelmed in how changes in track width and other suspension adjustments effect things like roll centers and camber changes. I felt a bit like Socrates. The more I learned the more I learned I didn't know. When you widen the track, you lower the roll center, which lengthens the distance between it and the CoG, which will require the use of higher spring rates, ect ect. I guess it depends on how much you are going to change the setup.

. I think that the flared rear quarters would look great but like James and Fran said, they'd make the Apex wider than an Aventador which means wider than a London city bus :shocked:

Okay Mr. Clarkson.....lol

Last edited:
Mr. Wolf your absolutely right, my understanding is that it has a significant effect when you considerably change the offset up front (you shouldn't have bump steer in back...). I was assuming you were going for the deep dish wheels on all 4.

:thumbsup:

Cheers!

Thank you for the information. I am not going to lie, I will need some help and direction when building this 4g63. I don't want to cut corners, but I also don't want to be $8-$10k deep on the engine alone.

I was looking at widening the SLC (which I will finally be able to start putting it together in a couple of weeks), but after playing with some suspension design software, I was amazed and even a bit overwhelmed in how changes in track width and other suspension adjustments effect things like roll centers and camber changes. I felt a bit like Socrates. The more I learned the more I learned I didn't know. When you widen the track, you lower the roll center, which lengthens the distance between it and the CoG, which will require the use of higher spring rates, ect ect. I guess it depends on how much you are going to change the setup.

Thank you. I will try to look into this. I don't want to change the setup much at all. Also, I am assuming we can change the spring setup on the coilovers. Not sure if there will be dampening settings.

Mr. Wolfe

Inspired by this picture:

I created this:

It's nice to see some more action in this thread. Let's keep it alive.

Mr. Wolfe
Very cool! Got any more renderings hidden away? Your PS skills are incredible

Are you thinking of going with white?

Last edited:
Very cool! Got any more renderings hidden away? Your PS skills are incredible

Are you thinking of going with white?

Thanks. I am doing either blue, white, or red. Right now I am leaning towards BMW Le Mans Blue.

Not really any other renderings. I was just playing with the back a little today.

Do you guys have a preference for the rear end?

Mr. Wolfe

JMHO, but you got to do something about that rectangular rear window. Maybe it looks better in person, but it certainly is not photegenic. To me, thats the only thing I don't like about this car so far. (from the pics anyway).

I would try some pain/trim to try and make it look less like a giant skylight.

JMHO, but you got to do something about that rectangular rear window. Maybe it looks better in person, but it certainly is not photegenic. To me, thats the only thing I don't like about this car so far. (from the pics anyway).

I totally agree with Mark; that rectangular window is a huge turn off! Possibly replicate something similar to the SL-C, or continue the curvature of the body panels into what is now glass. Anything but straight lines would look a lot better, IMO.
Jim

Last edited:

I totally agree with Mark; that rectangular window is a huge turn off! Possibly replicate something similar to the SL-C, or continue the curvature of the body panels into what is now glass. Anything but straight lines would look a lot better, IMO.
Jim

I will admit that this is my least favorite design feature.

Mr. Wolfe

Back