Superlite GTA

Nice an update! I am still holding out for the final word on the Apex. Price range seems to be just right. Another good thing is that I have a modded 6g72 and ProEFI 128 ecu that I am hoping will fit.

Argh looks like I found the company rebranding the GTA (j/k)

Yahoo Description says it uses a 4g63 and also read it can be purchased with a honda motor.

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WHvjjfGuF4c" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Lrr5rvsYzrI" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

I doubt that is a gta..... Maybe Fran can confirm or deny the suspicion?

Pretty nice look car. I like the body style. But I do not think it is the Apex. That would be a dump and cash grab by Fran to sell it to this group of guys. <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
No disrespect intended Fran. <o:p></o:p>

Its stated to have Civic components in the suspension. I don't think struts are on Fran's bucket list :) I also don't think a Civic's a-arm would tolerate the braking G's that his car generates. LOL

I think Kasey's "j/k" was missed by a few people on the first read, myself included haha. But we all know this can't be the apex. As of earlier this month, Fran said the deal was still on the table. I'm surprised by how good it sounds but IMO, the car reminds me of the fiero ferraris that gave kit cars a bad name. And at 37k, you have to question the components/engineering that went into it. I think there's a vey real chance that the concept of the apex influenced them to build this though

Ya there are design deference's that are obvious to discount it as a gta. A picture from the rear shows how hollow the inner wheel well is and poor offset/width of rims.

I think the GTA will ""Eventually"" come to market but dose not seem to be a priority at the moment. Its ok though I moved on to a rwd 4g63 project and am having an interesting time fabricating parts for it so I could only imagine the time and work that has gone into the GTA.

Iam still in for more pics/info or even a video whenever time permits. :thumbsup:

1146612_1434367923453787_1574715787_n.jpg
It reminds me a bit of this......

I actually really like the looks of the vaydor. It's over the top but looks finished at least. I don't think this looks finished at all but that's just my opinion.
19365871701491620989.jpg

Last edited:
I think the GTA will ""Eventually"" come to market but dose not seem to be a priority at the moment.

I'm baffled by this though. There were a number of us here who could've been in the market for this. Some had donors going, some had build lists going (me included), and there are how many pages and views of this thread?

The donor car is now 15 years old at the youngest. The desirable 6-bolt engines are even older. It's getting hard to find unmolested versions of these.

When will the car come out? When the donors turn 25? When the other company buys the project and many of the possible customers are turned off because it is no longer RCR?

I like what RCR does and I really wanted to be a part of it, but back-burnering this in order to do various other things just seems like a wasted opportunity.

The donor car is now 15 years old at the youngest. The desirable 6-bolt engines are even older. It's getting hard to find unmolested versions of these.

The other night when this thread was resurrected, I did a search of 2 salvage auction companies for Eclipses. I only found 27 on their lots within 500 miles of where I live. They were their complete inventory, most probably won't sell for months. I didn't weed out any autos, non-turbos, or convertibles, or cars with extensive damage or super high miles. Not wasting time going thru the list I can only guess there were very few turbo manuals worth considering if any at all. Occasionally one may pop up on craigslist, but the few ads I've seen have all been molested, and have owners that don't get that spending x amount on crappy mods does not increase the value x amount. Seems like finding a good donor is hit or miss.

Resorting to finding a decent body, then piecing together engines, trans etc seems like maybe the easier way to go. Affordability (considering this to be more a car to intro new builders) seems to go out the window.

I get that donors aren't going to magically disappear if the GTA doesn't come out this year, but donors are only going to get harder and harder to find, especially for someone like myself who lives a couple hours out of any metro area.

I've had a few drinks, but here goes...

The kit car industry is still in a relative fragile state since the recession. Hell, it's just a difficult business to be in. Anyways, Fran's cars cater more toward a group of people that are willing to pay for quality up front. Manufacturers like FFR caters towards a generally cheaper builder, someone that is willing to put in thousands of hours of work into hanging doors, doing bodywork, fixing frame issues, etc.

It seems as though the people that have been in this thread are primarily a younger crowd (like myself) that are big dreamers. I'm not saying any of you can't afford the Apex, I'm saying that my generation is more talk than walk. Lots of people are willing to say all day long that they would "totally buy" a car based on the way it looks and the printed numbers online.

What I'm saying is, upcoming cars like the GT-R, HT2, SLC/LM, the LMP and LMP2 are geared more towards people who are actually willing to walk the walk. It seems like all my Internet "friends" have cars that'll hit 60 in 2.9, do the 'Ring in under 7 minutes, and are made from carbo-tanium biweave fibers.

So either continue to talk the talk, or get a few buyers together and walk the walk. It's the consumer's decision here.

Back