Superlite Moab

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Fran, this thing looks great in person (as do all your cars I've seen). THANK you for taking time answering questions at the PRI show. Even thou your exhibit booth was flooded with admirer's, you and your guys did an excellent job, keeping everyone's questions answered. It looks like another hit for your fine lineup of cool cars.

Regards Brian

Nice video. It shows some nice details that we haven't seen yet.

Man.... That would be so much fun out here!!!

Edit: Fran, what is included to make the Moab/Mojave road legal?

Last edited:
Is the engine mounted directly to the transaxle?
Sounds obvious enough, I know, but I didn't realize you could eliminate the torque tube/driveshaft and just bolt the two together?

Jeff-

Dr. David

Lifetime Supporter
Sounds obvious enough, I know, but I didn't realize you could eliminate the torque tube/driveshaft and just bolt the two together?

Jeff-

Just think of it this way: Engine to transmission---Camaro,......Transmission to rear end/differential---Corvette.....rear end/differential to rear wheels---Corvette.
Combining Camaro to Corvette makes it all bolt together, with ? modification of the bellhousing.
Make sense?

David

Jeff-

Quicktime makes a bellhousing to adapt the corvette automatic or tremec directly to the LS3/LS7. The issue with the tremec T56 is the shifter comes out the front of the transmission into the bellhousing rather than the side. The RCR LMP1 uses the same setup, so it must be all sorted out in some fashion.

image.png

When will we be getting an action video of the Moab doing work? :)

I have been trying to get a group together to run the Baja 1000 as a bucket list thing. After looking at the cost, I decided to just get a new RZR1000 due to cost and ease of building it for the baja to be legal. The Moab seriously wouldn't be far off from that cost.
Was it built for any specific organization or class?

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
The Moab meets all rules and requirements to run most if not all major off-road races.
There is a big difference between running and running competitively
The transaxle in Robby Gordon's trucks are almost the same cost as a Moab roller

Ya, I think in my case it is mearly the experience and trying to finish, then hang up my hat on it. Atleast the Moab would give me all the feeling I needed to feel competitive, and not time out like could be possible in the RZR. But, we still have lots of dunes around here and eastern Oregon is pretty much high desert, that it could see use there too.
I can pretty much bet the only way I am beating Robbie Gordon off road (on road too!) would be if I got a ride on his support helicopter!

The Moab starts at $49,995 for a roller, complete except for assembly, drivetrain and battery. It includes wheels, tires, a race-proven Pro-Am power steering system, Fox racing shocks and springs specially valved for the truck, powder-coated chassis, extreme duty suspension, a complete Moab-specific race wire harness and electrical system from InfinityWire, a fuel tank, brakes, etc. Options include different wheels, tires, LED lighting upgrades, etc. Call the factory for more details, and to arrange a free factory tour to see the Moab and other cars being built

Back