Superlite Nemesis

OK...time for an update on the Nemesis....

She is going to be a movie star in 2013...I know some of the regular guys know but I am not allowed to put it in print yet...so please dont spill the beans if you do already know...

Its a blockbuster movie and it will be seriously cool...

We have also been playing with a car engine/trans installation that will be online in the new year too.

The engine is the older VW 2.0L...the engine is an OBD1 package and is very easy to wire, the internals of the engine are overbuilt , low compression and a bolt on turbo system is readily avaialble in the aftermarket.
The transaxle is the Audi A4/Passat 5 speed .
This is a longitudinal package and will essentially be a true formula car layout..

The drivetrain is all bolt together with standard VW/Audi parts so no re-engineering or adapter plates needed...

Using the car drivetran will allow more States to register the car for the street but it also gives more torque and a reverse gear...which the Hayabusa package was lacking.
The Hayabusa chassis package will still be available but I have a feeling the VW powertrain will be the more popular one.

Please dont ask..."will XYZ engine fit with ABC transaxle"....this is the drivetrain that we will be packaging as an OEM ...and it will be the only one we as a factory will support

pics as a reminder how cool this little bad boy is
http://superlitecars.com/nemesis/gallery-nemesis/

That's great - congrats. They usually dent up a few unless it's a one scene deal. How many are you makin'....

Our portion is already done and the car is back with us....

I also supplied the complete car in CAD so they can do all kinds of CGI if they feel the need...

They have not told us what they have done or even what they had planned to do..I am just honored that they approached Superlite and RCR in the first place...

very nice toy, but why is it open at the front? you see the brake things...stones may come in or other things?
does it stays that way?

carlisle_12.jpg

No price difference...but the drivetrain is much cheaper than a Busa...

Its open so that the wind whistles up your trouser leg and makes all your manly parts tingle....its a four wheeled motorcycle experience...

Its not a toy, it destroys much more powerful "toys" on track...like a Ford GT ...zoom in and watch how much later it brakes [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CENHWtViRLI[/ame]

And here with a rookie bike engined driver and a dicky clutch... [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U8E-FGvpj8[/ame]

Last edited:
It's just like a motorcycle, but better. My Razor (with crappy tires) destroys bikes in the corners. Yeah, you might get some rocks or bugs in the teeth, but that's what my "Stig" helmet is for.

Just like motorcycling, you either "get it" or you don't.

I've got a 15 year old son that would LOVE to have a project like that this winter!

The little sh!t might pass me in the SLC. That's why I won't get him one!:thumbsup:

You are such a mean Dad....

how can you live with yourself denying a young man his right of passage...to beat up on his oldman....

Not trying to steal the subject, but whenever I associate the name, "Nemesis", with motorsport, this crazy video immediately comes to mind. Most of you have probably seen it, but it is fun to revisit. Amazing, and maybe a bit scary! ;) how this guy remains in character when driving all alone.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPfxtJ8SQgk"]Porsche vs Mustang NEMESIS!!!!! - YouTube[/ame]

Nemesis NXT...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pGt1rLS450&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Panama Nemesis NXT Second Test Flights - YouTube[/ame]

Will the wheelbase be stretched or anything to accommodate the new engine/trans package? Will there be any significant body changes?

Thanks!

Well having just returned from watching the new James Bond movie Skyfall, I saw the trailer for a new 2013 movie that the Nemesis is featured in...now that the trailer is released I can say which movie its is....

IRONMAN 3

We have no idea what happens to the Nemesis or how its featured but its one of the few cars in Tony Starks garage...cameo or crash and burn its a great place to see another one of our cars....

Last edited:

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
That's me in that second vid at VIR.

That car is fun! We had some clutch issues with the Hayabusa motor that day but the car ran 2:11 despite that, and just a tenth or two off of the Diasio that won our class -- a much more powerful far more expensive purpose built sports racer.

Fran's Nemesis is a great deal price wise and a helluva a track car. Highly recommended.

That's me in that second vid at VIR.

Fran's Nemesis is a great deal price wise and a helluva a track car. Highly recommended.

How much $, after everything, did the SL-N set you back. Does it feel like a mix between bike and formula car on the pavement? Would you recommend it as a track + street machine?

Okaaay, I saw Ironman 3, but I didn't happen to see the Nemesis.

Can anyone tell me where in the movie it appears? So I can go back and watch?

Thanks!

Les :)

Hi Less
Take a look at the Superlite Facebook page on May 6th 2013.
Sorry haven't mastered a link yet for this forum.

Back