Superlite Roadster....

Thanks Bill for the info, much appreciated.

That's a very sweet setup for a Roadster.

I'm currently looking at all engine possibilities. Due to our emissions regulations I will probably need to offer a couple of main options.

It's not a lot of trouble to ship over engines from the USA with my other parts.

Here are a few pictures of the engine I bought. The intake cover is a little scratched up, but I plan on removing / replacing that with something a little more attractive anyway. And a picture of the future home of the SL-R!!!:pepper:
BT

Attachments

• swap1.jpg
    swap1.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 727
  • swap3.jpg
    swap3.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 700
  • PICT0207.JPG
    PICT0207.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 684

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Nice, is that your garage? That's pretty friggin sweet man. I'm jealous. Hehe Look forward to your reactions of the car!!

Yes, I built this garage about a year ago. When we built the house and were on a tight budget I made a 4 car garage that is just too shallow, and not very wide either, with 8 foot ceiling and 7 foot high doors. We added a small garage 4-5 years ago that is nice with A/C and a 10x8 insulated door, but that has become the workshop. My new garage is about 1800 s.f. and has 11'-6" ceilings. I would call it a 6 car, but up to four additonal car storage spaces can be achieved with lifts, so currently it would hold 7 cars. The SL-R will be the 5th car (Ferrari 348, '99 Tacoma, '99 Q45, Ginetta G20, SL-R), in that garage, and the boat takes up 2 spaces. We had a bunch of Ferraris in late January getting ready for Cavallino using our space as a detailing area. The black 330 GTS was only parked in fron tof the house while the blue 365BB was being offloaded from the shipping truck.

I'm stoked about this new car! I wish I could see some photos of the car (even renderings) that would show the 6 color choices. I plan on making a trip up there to pick the color in a few weeks anyways.
BT

Attachments

• Cavallino2008 048.jpg
    Cavallino2008 048.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 685
  • Cavallino2008 050.jpg
    Cavallino2008 050.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 646
  • Cavallino2008 070.jpg
    Cavallino2008 070.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 645
  • Cavallino2008 052.jpg
    Cavallino2008 052.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 644
  • Cavallino2008 075.jpg
    Cavallino2008 075.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 718
  • Cavallino2008 055.jpg
    Cavallino2008 055.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 645
  • Cavallino2008 038.jpg
    Cavallino2008 038.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 669
The CGT belongs to a guy that lives in Chicago named Geno Berns. He also owns the blue 365BB and the red 512BBi. The 512 had just been purchased and was shipped directly to my house. He did not even see the car until a few days later. It is a 1983 I think with like 800 miles on it! I prefer the details of the 365BB though. It has a cool exhaust and a more cohesive design to me.
BT

Yeah man! I'm reading all about this engine and electronics. Should be interesting to see how it all goes together. I'm really a novice on this type of thing, so if I can succeed, I'm sure anyone can. I was pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness and completeness of the setup I bought. Hopefully that is the same pallet that makes its way to your shop.:eek:

BT

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Paolo,

Detailers use tape to protect sharp edges from buffing while detailing, then hand polish the edges carefully.

Steve

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Nice motor package BT......rock and roll....

I'm with Fran on this one, BT. LOVE that V-Tek system. When it activates, the V-6 I drive on a daily basis is on the redline before I know it--and the aftermarket offerings for the Honda motors just don't stop! Do put up a build thread, please!

Doug

...Do put up a build thread, please!

Doug

Will do. I'm looking forward to it. I am thinking that the wellow-green color should look excellent. I would like to probably get some metallic black added to the edges of the panels to define the lines a little more than just having a monotone color scheme. Buy them now, this price can't last too long!
:D
BT

How about one of these cheeky little V8's.....

http://www.powertecracing.com/pdf_downloads/v8engine.pdf

Up to 450bhp/250lbft torque and only weighing in at 88kg (194lbs).. and i expect a twin turbo wouldn't be out of the question... ;)

Lovely though those V8's are, last time I checked it was one of those situations where the service interval was measure in hours rather than miles so I am not sure how practical that engine would be......that saying, how practical do you want your SLR to be? :D

A 4 cylinder will be plenty of fun......

I have chatted with some guys about bike engines as they have them in their Lotus Seven replicas.
Fun and all but tiring to drive on the street ....they would highly recommend Automotive drivetrains due to their torque and packaging advantges.

I would also think that clutch life may be an issue for a cycle engine / trans moving a car / occupant load of 1450-1800 pounds (depending on how many passengers / cheeseburgers are being carried).;)
I do love the sound of high RPM motors, and that is one of the main reasons I went with the Honda 4 cylinder as opposed to a Nissan V6 or something.
My favorite hobby is racing nitro R/C boats. 38k RPM on a 3.5cc motor making 2.2 hp is a good time! I've burned through a whole gallon of fuel on my little R/C outboard motor in two days.:eek:
BT

Superlite Roadster At Knotts

FYI

Fran and a Superlite Roadster will be at Knotts April 26-27.

I think there will be an auto cross course Monday setup for cars to burn some rubber too.

Replicarclub

Brian Hamilton

Must see pictures or better yet, VIDEO of a finished Super Light Roadster & Coupe running on a track. Fun fun stuff!!!

Brian Hamilton

OK Fran, when are we going to see pictures of the other noses for this thing? I remember seeing the prototype of the 2nd nose when I was there, but I'm sure we'd all like to see the finished copy. Do you have any pics of it or the 3rd nose yet?

Thanks!!!

Brian

Back