Sway bar mounting / pics?

Mark B.

Supporter
Hi guys,
Unfortunately Fran's shop doesn't have any cars with sway bars there currently so I haven't been able to get pics from them.

Does anyone have pics of the mounting points they could share? I think I figured out where the bars themselves need to mount, but not clear on the end link attachments to the A-arms.

(Street sway bars, not the race ones)

Thanks!

I have seen your set up howard and like it. I too have an rcr set but have not installed them on the car. I am not even sure what they are rated at, which means I may just go with speedway engineering which is what I normally use..............mahlon

Mark B.

Supporter
I'm out of town until next weekend, but will post pics of the street kit parts I have when I get back.

I hope to be installing a set (or at least the rear one) of the street bars on an SLC in the next week or so. If that does happen, I'll take pics, and update the build manual.

IN the mean time, if someone else has already done so, please share the details! :)

Mark B.

Supporter
bringing this back to the top in case anyone has found pics of the street bars mounted. Mine look basically the same as the set Ricardo posted. At this point I'm just trying to make sure I'm looking to mount them in the right place on the chassis.

It *looks* like the front bar would mount on the front of the monocoque at the top edge, just above the steering rack. There's no room to mount it at the bottom because of the lower a-arm brace.

On the rear, it looks like the supplied brackets fit on the same bolts that hold the rear shock mount (on the very top/back of the frame). So the bar would be above the transaxle behind the frame.

Thanks!

Back