T70 barn find ?

johan. the USRRC. and yes I used to race racing pigeons. Tough sport! The highest I ever had a bird finish was 17. I gave it up a few years ago. I got tired of feeding the hawks! Now I have "Roller" pigeons. They reproduce fast enough so I never run out of birds.
Interesting the subject "Barn Find". I just heard of a McLaren body hanging in a barn close to me. Now the trick is to find a way to introduce myself to the guy without making him think he's sitting on a pot of gold.

Shelby American Collection in boulder.... nice place !
Lola_T-70_9-29-07.jpg

Goodwood 2007. Amazing to think that this car would be lost forever if I had not gone to look at the wheels that were for sale. There are still several missing cars out there so keep a sharp eye peeled ! I'm posting these pictures here because this thread is a diary of the car that I would like to keep going.
Regarding this photo, never have I felt more "out of my element" than in this photo. I was
sure I would really screw it up. How to do the hillclimb and not be caught and passed by the cars behind me, as they let them go as soon as you are around the corner. Behind those goggles, my eyes were as big as saucers. When I got to the top of the hillclimb, I had not been caught or passed, but I did go aropund the upper turn around the wrong way(anticlockwise) creating a potential traffic jam as the others came up the hill. I dumped the clutch in 2nd and did a smokey burnout to get turned the right way, almost lost it. Everyone thought I had done it on purpose, but I knew better and had a stiff drink.
United_Kinkdom_2007_214.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Simply stunning Johan! The more I look at your car (I have followed this thread since the beginning too!) the more I love it. Your colour scheme is the most pleasing to my eye of all the Lola's.
I would love to find an Aussie barn car if such a thing exists, but I suspect that would be even more unlikely here than any other part of the world...

Cheers
Bill.

Your compliments are appreciated, and I add mine to yours and direct them to whoever thought of it back in 1966. The car was originally Black and then painted a clear with blue and metalflake in it. It looks sort of like an old bowling ball in the sun.
Thanks !
Keep looking. There were more cars out there then than there are now (with some spurious exceptions), so they must be someplace.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad it is there. They charge the battery and perhaps even wax it from time to time. The place is heated !
It is sort of the GT40s forum Lola T70, as it was first uncovered here. Having a forum like this one is a great asset to the hobby. It keeps the interest level high. Makes it fun to find cars, build cars, whatever. We all wondered if it was a bricklin on page 1 (no offense to any Bricklin owners intended).:)

Dash support

this is the original dash support structure that was only on the Gurney car. It had been "cut down" when the coupe conversion occured. We re-made it, but I do have the original. The chassis plate is attached to it.

Johan, Is it possible you can make another dash support for my Spyder? The reason being is, well, let's just say my builder decided that he does'nt want to make it. Im very frustrated becasue it is a very critcal to the look of the car. Just PM me with the cost if you can help me.

Thanks
John

Johan ,

tried to send you a pm but your box is full. So i try it this way

A friend of mine and me we are going to visit the US for 9 days. We will arrive on the 2nd of April and depart on the 11th.
Arrival will be in Detroit and we will trave via Indy ,through Kansas and Colorado to our final destination Phoenix/arizona( where on the 10th of April i´m supposed to hear my engine running on the dyno)
TWO QUESTIONS:
Are you located somewhere along our way? We would love to visít you and take a look at your amazing cars ?
We also would like to visit the shelby collection in boulder, but they are only open on saturday and we will be there on Tuesday the 8th of April. Is there any chance that you can help us coming into the collection to see it. You know we are coming a long way and it just would be great if i would work out somehow.

THANKS VERY MUCH for your help

TOM

Gordo

Lifetime Supporter
Johan - late to the party I know,

Is it still possible to find a relatively unmolested T70 in a barn that has not seen the light of day in over 25 years ?
Your opinions please !

Yes!! There was one "found" 18 months ago in South Africa. I met the new owner. No BS. He stole the car.

Gordo.

John, I have one from a MK III that might fit.
Tom, I wish I could help you and appreciate that you want to see the Lolas. I suggest you call the Museum and try to make an appointment. I spoke with them today, but had not seen the message. You should call Dave Murray there next Saturday. He is a pretty nice guy so maybe it will work out. I am nowhere near so I can be of little help. I do know that another T70 ( a Penske car) is on the way to the museum and also a guy from Revell Models so they do open occasionally on days other than Saturday.
Gordo, yes I saw pictures of that car, and it proves they are still out there !

Johan,

tried to reach Dave. With no success. I called every day this week, but i have to admit that due to family affairs yesterday i totally forgot to call in.
Would you have any other phone number or way to reach them?

if so please PM it to me

Thanks
TOM

You can call him at the Museum on Saturdays only....good luck
I have no other contact info but maybe they have e-mail on the museum site.

Johan,
Did you get my Pm regarding the the Lola cross brace?

Just let me know how much if it fits. Pm me regarding shipping and payment information.

Thanks You in advance

John

Sorry guys. That box fills up and then I delete a couple and then bam it is full again which does not even allow me to reply. John, can you measure from the inside to the inside of your tub sponsons ? I guess it really does not matter because I only have the one extra support brace, so it will have to be made to fit. I am happy to ship it to you and if you can use it you can pay whatever it was worth to you, perhaps $100 plus shipping...? Sound fair ? I'm just going to buy beer for the garage fridge...

Back