T70 barn find ?

Johan,

Awesome job finding it and restoring it!! Great find. It looks awesome.

Thanks Jerry for the earlier history on it. Glad you got to brief Johan on it and if you two haven't chatted yet, you should sometime.

Johan

Here's a photo I found from Road Atlanta to remind you what it used to look like before it found the barn ...

bartz2.jpg

Congratulations on a great job.

Rob

Wow, great photo. Thanks.
That picture I think is from either the SVRA Walter Mitty in 1982 or 1983, because the car went to both and got 2nd place in both in the concourse one year and competition the next year. That is I think John Paul Jr. sitting in the seat. I have the paperwork in the folder , and I had wondered about it. Thanks !

Attachments

• 75803-Lolagoingbacktogether039.jpg
    75803-Lolagoingbacktogether039.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 844
Hi great find i am just rebuilding a T70 canam replica which is based on an original 67 body shell which was removed when the car was converted to a hard top in the UK seemed to have happened quite a lot

Yes it did Mark. Good luck with your project. It sounds great. Here are some of the Can Am photos from Amelia Island. Just say so if you want more...

Attachments

• 77347-amelia2.JPG
    77347-amelia2.JPG
    282.5 KB · Views: 875
I started a new thread on Can Am cars at Amelia Island.
I also went and raced at the vintage support race for the Sebring 12 hour event. We had a ball.

Attachments

• 77622-Lolagoingbacktogether092.jpg
    77622-Lolagoingbacktogether092.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 857
This is John Paul Jr. on the grid at Sebring in the Lola Heritage T70. He did really well and had the third fastest lap time out of about 42 cars (beat by 2 McLarens).

Attachments

• 77623-Lolagoingbacktogether042.jpg
    77623-Lolagoingbacktogether042.jpg
    332.4 KB · Views: 3,676
Here we are at the Can Am reunion race.
Road America and Elkhart lake were a lot of fun.

Attachments

• lolaford30jh7a (Small).jpg
    lolaford30jh7a (Small).jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 738
Honorary pole position for the Can Am race was strictly based on History, not lap times....

Attachments

• Zippo Vintage Grand Prix 143 (Small) (2).jpg
    Zippo Vintage Grand Prix 143 (Small) (2).jpg
    51 KB · Views: 754
  • Zippo Vintage Grand Prix 139 (Small).jpg
    Zippo Vintage Grand Prix 139 (Small).jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 757
Last edited by a moderator:
At this point the car is finished and so is this long thread. It was fun to find that car and I hope the Lola enthusiasts on the forum got a little bit of a thrill
from seeing it back at the track where it belongs.

Attachments

• Bridgehampton-1966-09-18-030[1].jpg
    Bridgehampton-1966-09-18-030[1].jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 750
  • Zippo Vintage Grand Prix 146 (Small).jpg
    Zippo Vintage Grand Prix 146 (Small).jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 782
Last edited by a moderator:
Johan, the last time I saw Gurney's Lola, was at Bridgehampton "66 before the races were called CANAM. I was pit crew with Sam Posey's McLaren. That weekend was just amazing! All the "Big Guns' were there.

Bill,
thats already under discussion.....
the bolts will be from the backside so invisible from the front .....
I am working on bolt on and pin drive solutions at the moment.

FRPGUY said:
Johan, the last time I saw Gurney's Lola, was at Bridgehampton "66 before the races were called CANAM. I was pit crew with Sam Posey's McLaren. That weekend was just amazing! All the "Big Guns' were there.

I'm not sure if you are talking about the Can Am race or the USRRC race, but the AAR #8 Lola T70 driven by Grant won the USRRC race and the AAR #30 Lola T70 won the Can Am race and maybe it was not yet called Can Am.
You race birds ?

Back