Tie down of car in or on trailer

Hi Randy,

I am unsure why you feel they straps would be a pain to hook up? One end threads though a rachet system to tension and threading over the wheel is quick and simple the other end is hooked through the checker plate floor. Usually one of the first loaded and ready to go at the end of a track day. Done about 5000kms on the trailer this year and has proven very reliable. I copied the basic idea of the system from what I had seen around on flat bed car haulers. In Melbourne if you leave your car parked in a clear way at designated times the guys with the flat bed come along and load your car real quick and impound your car. The tie down system I built is similar to the one those blokes use ( good or bad?) (not that I've had any of my cars impounded)

Andrew E

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Andrew - I meant nothing truly derogatory about your system - it does look quite strong and able.
I was coming at it from the perspective of being in an enclosed trailer and trying to get along side the beast to "thread the strap" under, over, under and then ratchet down..

Hi Randy,

An enclosed trailer now that's another issue. I would eventually like to enclose my trailer and the thought was to have lift up doors on each side at the front wheels to enable access to the tie down system. The problem is converting the existing trailer to enclosed, it would probably better to start from scratch.

Best wishes for the new year

Andrew E

Back