Tool room for sale

It’s gone up $80,000 in price in a little over a year. When I placed my order,
not for a Tool Room, in December 2021, the price was $369,000. Sounds like it would have been a pretty good investment.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
That’s my thoughts exactly Ben. A total package like that must be worth the money.

Regards Brian

I have a small question for the people who might know.....
on the "real car" 1076.... where is situated the car battery?
between the "toolroom3 car and Gelscoe w003 the position is different
and if you see my screen print the car with (for me) the battery
in the wrong place was presented as the real car... at that show Amelia concours d'elegance......
some cheating going on?
Paul

Attachments

• Gelscoe w003 .jpeg
    Gelscoe w003 .jpeg
    65.6 KB · Views: 188
  • GT40 1076?.png
    GT40 1076?.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 189

Rob Klein

Supporter
More than that. A Gelscoe chassis is in that range as a roller so add the GW engine and ZF.
I have a small question for the people who might know.....
on the "real car" 1076.... where is situated the car battery?
between the "toolroom3 car and Gelscoe w003 the position is different
and if you see my screen print the car with (for me) the battery
in the wrong place was presented as the real car... at that show Amelia concours d'elegance......
some cheating going on?
Paul
1076 and 1075 had the battery placement in different locations. 1076 had long range fuel tanks thus not leaving room for the battery in the gutter so it was moved to the passenger footwell. This is how the original mkI was designed as well.

Rob Klein

Supporter
In general this tool room car is very nice with a very strong and rare Gurney Westlake motor from cobra automotive. Hillbank gets top dollar for their cars so for the community I hope it sells for this price.

Markus

SPRF40
Lifetime Supporter
I am working with Gelscoe on a new build and this comment is not entirely accurate turn key cars start at around $350k us and go up from there. To replicate 1076 it’s about $475k with a full gurney westlake motor.

Thanks for posting, that number is somewhat what I thought it should be from last pricing I had in my memory (2-3 years back)....
So I'm not asking that very obvious question ;)

Is this TR/Continuation car suitable for the street or is it solely a track car? Can someone comment in greater detail about the motor, suitability for non track use, ease of maintenance with Webers, purchasing from this seller. Appreciate everyone's comments about this as I'm on a learning curve having come from an air-cooled 911, Ford GT background.

Back