Tool room for sale

Rob Klein

Supporter
Is this TR/Continuation car suitable for the street or is it solely a track car? Can someone comment in greater detail about the motor, suitability for non track use, ease of maintenance with Webers, purchasing from this seller. Appreciate everyone's comments about this as I'm on a learning curve having come from an air-cooled 911, Ford GT background.
You can take this car on the street or the track. This car has fans so it would be fine in traffic but you have to be careful so your not in stop and go traffic for long periods of time.
It’s low, so you have to be careful with curbs and speed bumps Ect…..
Depending on where you live will determine how much you can drive it without AC. Above 75* outside and your going to get pretty hot in the car.

It is an exact (99.5+%) copy of P/1075.
Is it street legal? Yes.
Is it street suitable, maybe...... depending on where you live (roads/climate, et al)
Can it be raced in SVRA/CVAR/UK/Europe, etc.... Yes, given the correct drivetrain/tires/trans. That would be a Gurney Weslake motor/correct ZF trans.
Can you get one in a different livery, I.E., not Gulf colors? Yes. Mine is Wimbledon White, Black sill stripe, black BRM wheels.

Markus

SPRF40
Lifetime Supporter
Can it be raced in SVRA/CVAR/UK/Europe, etc.... Yes, given the correct drivetrain/tires/trans. That would be a Gurney Weslake motor/correct ZF trans.

Question: the car advertised seems to have 4 pot calipers and I assume ventilated disc's.

I always thought that later spec brakes do not qualify for historic racing (at least in Europe) - only solid disc and 2 pot caliper do???

Can somebody briefly edjucate me?

Thanks,
Markus

Rob Klein

Supporter
Question: the car advertised seems to have 4 pot calipers and I assume ventilated disc's.

I always thought that later spec brakes do not qualify for historic racing (at least in Europe) - only solid disc and 2 pot caliper do???

Can somebody briefly edjucate me?

Thanks,
Markus
The pre 65 cars run in a different class than the later spec 69 cars.

1076 and 1075 had the battery placement in different locations. 1076 had long range fuel tanks thus not leaving room for the battery in the gutter so it was moved to the passenger footwell. This is how the original mkI was designed as well.

The yellow MK II race car that is at the Simeone Museum also has the battery in the passenger footwell.
If I was designing or building a race car, that is where I would put it as well, as it would keep the weight more balanced as well as allow for larger fuel tanks.
For a road car, I would prefer to have the extra cabin space for the passengers legs. I am 6'5" so if I have to sit on that side when a mate is driving i want the leg length. I doubt i will miss the performance advantage or the range. I will notice the leg room missing more often. Having said that, with today's small modern batteries and efficient alternators and electronics you could probably get by with one in the nose. This would not be correct though.

Neil

Supporter
Locating a battery in the passenger foot well was my choice as I use a large, heavy battery. My electrical system is "total loss"; that is, no charging system at all. Placing the battery here helps balance the weight of the car and since I carry no passengers, it is not a problem. I do have a charging port in the side under the passenger side door since the battery is totally enclosed per SCTA rule book.

Battery Box in Chassis 2.jpg

Charger-Power Port 1.jpg

Again, if Gelscoe w001 is the correct toolroom copy, accordingly to the photos. the battery is NOT rear left in the fuel ponton...
so which one is the correct one in the end?
Paul

and if this history life of the car is correct......

Paul

and if this history life of the car is correct......

Paul
oops wrong link.... forget about this one.... need to re- read before posting...

Thanks for the responses to my questions regarding the street use of this car. Regarding curbs and speed bumps, just what is the approximate height? Ford's splitter is about 6" - is this much lower? Could someone tell me how this car differs from 1075, or is this individual perspective? Not trying to stir the pot!

qq on the Gelscoe cars, after reading the sellers comments. Is it true that they aren't able to be road registered now?

Back