Track Time in Southeast USA

PEOPLE: READ THIS POST! It could be a chance for us to meet. I will be there! Went last year: Almost too good to be true, but it IS true. John is one great guy!

John: If I can be of any help, please let me know: ANYTHING that has to be done before or during! Will be at the coast that whole week cb

Gosh, thanks Chip. It would be neat to get some Gt40's to attend, but there are not that many in the Southeastern US and I guess those that are close by don't get out much.
It would be great if we could get guys like Gordon Levy or Herchel Byrd to come, but let's face it, this is too far to come for a self-described "rinky-dink" event like this. What we need are more owners in the Southeast ! Chip, when is your car going to be done ! You asked what you could do to help, how about vacation less anf get that car done so I have somebody to race ...

[ May 06, 2003: Message edited by: JW ]

There are 5 40's in the Atanta area: tow runnin at the present. My "due date" was March but converting to left hand drive and keeping the gear shift in the center (tunne) was quite a project. IF it is ready. will bring it, but not too hopeful at this point.

THUS: The killer turbo Miata will be introduces as a "pinch hitter". I vowed that Iwould not sit his year out aftr being "pit help" last year!

I suggest to all that you be firm with your commitments: John will spend $10,000 of his own money on ths event and he needs to know firm head count A Last year he had planned for 30-40 for lunch and he had 62!! It cost a lot more for the track and back up after a certain number is reached and the cost could go well over $10,000!

PLEASE: if you say that you are going to be thre, BE THERE!

John: Please add Chad Coen factory Five wannabehe will be my co-driver) and Steve: aother GT40 wanntabe ith a Viper GTS and CARS experience. cb

Chip,
I'm in the same boat as you. I've got eveything stripped off the car and should have my parts order in this week sometime. For those of you in the S.E. the biggest kept secret in parts is Barrnett Performance. They will meet or beat anything from Summit or Jegs, plus you don't have the shipping charges. If the order is big enough they will front it through a company ( if you don't know one that has an account with them ) and give you an additional 10-15% off.
shocked.gif

Since I have Corvette suspension I have met Dave Fain of Dave's American Performnce Corvette Repair. He is rebuilding my suspension and is letting me use his company for all the parts. Nice guy and very knowledgeable about corvettes.
Barnett just came out with their newest catalog. You guys need to be on their mailing list.
Don't know if I can make the trip but I'll try.
Bill
P.S. I almost went with the 996 but passed at the last minute.Looking for a Boxster S.

Barnett is good: show room is great (all the goodies on display) PLUS the parking lot is like a car show on Sats. cb

Back