Transaxle Removal

shocked.gif
I watched Dream Machine tonight, why did the camera crew film the transaxle being dragged out of the back of that car and across the chassis like that and also show the bearing being hammered into place on the crank of the Cav engine- it was like something from a comedy sketch

I thought the program was OK, nice to see a few familiar faces!

I have to agree with Roy tho, the bearing hammering was very poor & I think the whole build process was dummed down too much...

but hey, any gt40 program is a great program in my book!

The program was generally good but I was cringing when that guy was belting the spigot bearing in place. As for the gearbox removal in France it was just so crude - surely Ken's go more facilities than a scaffolding pole at Forty Towers! I'm surprised they didn't edit it out.

Have to agree there, throughout the whole series I've wondered about the abilities of some of the mechanics but the spigot bearing episode was unforgiveable and totally avoidable.

I've just removed my transaxle twice with the rear clip still on due to a clutch problem. I manage to separate and lift the assembly clear of the car without scratching paint or crushing pipes...totally unnecessary to chuck the box around like that. Mind you they may have been drunk, the French like to drink wine I've heard???

Back