Tucson

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Am I out on the fringe?

No!

When the people think it is importent, they will participate (last Presidential election). Otherwise we will only get the people who pay attention/care. This is not necessarily a bad thing.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
...do you think the people will never ' wake up ' , and participate ?

I think they already have, Frank!

Take the last election, for example. I'm firmly convinced the majority of the American public was fed up with the conservative agenda, and spoke loud and clear by electing Bee-OH, who represented a polar opposite.

However, the most recent election indicates the power of the ballot box, and that involves getting out the vote. The Conservative bloc rallied all the voters they could reach, and we now see the result. MANY of those Americans who were content with the situation before the last election were just complacent enough to believe that they didn't need to vote, that things would remain the same. Look what happened.

The Conservatives showed how to bring about change by getting out the vote.....plain and simple. Happy people tend to remain quiet, whereas those who are upset with the status-quo tend to be vocal, and the Conservatives were VERY vocal regarding their displeasure with the Obama administration's moves....and through the discourse were able to galvanize into action enough voters to bring about a change, whereas those who were complacent just sat back and watched it happen.

IMHO, we can't afford for the country to fall back into the mindset of the previous Conservative administration. What I foresee happening, though, is that those who elected Obama in the last election will remain "happy" enough to feel that the majority of the voters will keep him in office, thereby feeling that their individual vote isn't that important.

"They" need to learn a lesson from the last election. Obama was elected because he managed to get out the vote, he can't afford to fail in that effort in the next election, nor (IMHO) can the country afford it.

Cheers from Doug!!

You know that sounds like the same thing happened on both sides . One side not happy , they get out the vote , the other side not happy , they get out the vote .
Thats not awake , thats reactionary .
Soap opera , as the pendulum swings .

What has really been bothering me about all this is the shooter is getting just what he wanted .
I've looked at his YouTube page , read what I could find about him , and IMHO he is looser .
He has his head so far up his shorts , he has failed at everything he's involved with . Until now ! well maybe .
I don't think this had anything to do with politics other than high visibility .
He didn't even do this right , I think he intended to not survive . He said goodbye .
Look how much publicity he's gotten . No , not all directly about him . But the act has spawned , taken on its own life . Gotten people arguing over BS .
Trying to determine what causes a purely evil act , because we want to make sense of a senseless act .
I'm done with him , and I'm done with this .

I'll keep the victims in my prayers .

Back