Two Questions Regarding SPF GT40

Just received word yesterday that my car has finally reached the U.S, and in fact has been received at Hillbank Motors in Irvine, California. They sent me a couple of pictures of it on the shipping dolly, and it brought up a couple of questions.

The first one is in regard to the windshield wiper resting location. It appears that the wiper rests at about a 30 degree angle, partially blocking the drivers side vision. The car is LHD. Is the sweep of the wiper motor/blade supplied with the car adjustable? I could just remove the blade since the car will never be driven in the rain, but I would rather adjust it down if possible. It seems most of the pictures I see show the wiper blade resting at a rather high angle, so this seems to be the normal stop point. It probably doesn’t make as big a difference with a RHD car.

The car is going to have a ZF/RBT transaxle installed. The completion pictures show a leather shifter boot installed. Will this boot have to be removed to access the reverse lockout lever, or am I missing something? Thanks.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
No lockout lever on a LHD, the Toyota shifter is not accessible without tools. And the wiper park is likely just a factor of it being moved. If it does park there, you just reindex on the splined stub.

Back