uk exhaust fabricators

hi guys
i need your help. i'm at the stage of needing to fabricate an exhaust system and would like your recomendations. I have always looked at a stainless system and would like to go down this route i understand their will be more heat and noise but love the look of the system as it ages. could you guys recomend people to fabricate a system for me i'm based in the midlands but prepared to trailer my car to the right company.
many thanks in advance chris

i had a quote off Simpson - in the region of £3k as I remember for stainless.

I went with Tony Law in Leeds eventually but they don't do stainless.

Mike Pass

Supporter

Attachments

• ASn Ex2W.jpg
    ASn Ex2W.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 400
  • ASn Ex6W.jpg
    ASn Ex6W.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 385
Hi Chris

Try Andy at Gran Fabrications, Bullwell, Nottingham. He made me a fantastic system (equal length - loads of power) for my racing E type over 20 years ago. I fitted one of his systems on another E type that I restored recently and the quality is excellent. Noise level is fine.
On my own GT I have a Tony Law system which is also excellent but not stainless. Andy only works with stainless these days. I believe he has the jigs to make up a GTD system.

John

ps tell him John recommended you!

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
If you are needing it for SVA remember to get rolled ends - they don't like sharp edges.

Also if you want to do track days the noise is important then perhaps Frank Catt.

Stainless is a great product but if my system as anthing to go by - noiser than mild steel and I can also confirm they radiate heat in a big way.

Ian

l have a tornado from andy sheldon with a 351w in so a standard exhaust from andy won't fit but i have always loved the look of a stainless exhaust system, plus the fact that it will be a one off purchase as well many thanks guys for your kind imformation please keep them coming it will hopefully not only help me but all the up and coming builders a few steps behind me via this fantastic site.
chris

Hi Chris -

Janspeed of Salisbury will fabricate custom exhausts, in mild steel or stainless to your requirements. I've used them for a stainless GTD40 crossover system and specified the header length which they achieved exactly on all 8 cylinders.

It had a beautiful sound to it and they also made some straight through collectors/pipes for when circumstances allowed use of but do remember that stainless systems are inherently louder than those in mild steel so if track-days are your thing its something to consider. Janspeed reckoned on 2-3 dB louder on avg...

If you do approach them, please do mention the GTD40 Car Club as they have supported us well in the past. :thumbsup:

Janspeed - Home

Back