UK Property Websites

Hi Guys. Could you recommend a good website for searching property in the UK?

I think zoopla.co.uk is pretty good, but if anyone has any more suggestions...

Cheers.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Troy,
I guess it really depends of the area(s) you are looking and then refine it to a search of estate agents in that area. Please give me a rough idea of the areas and I will try and pull up some estate agents names and web sites. Some agents are huge and have almost a nationwide presence and often they have grown to that size by buying up small companies - whose staff still remain and therefore some local experience still remains as well. How far do you want to travel to work is also a question and is influenced by motorways etc. Come over to the UK for a couple of weeks and have a look at some of the towns and even stay in B&B in the towns - you will get some better ideas then . Lastly - quite a lot of UK parents have put up with being in towns they didn't really want to be in simply because of schools so that is another factor to consider. We had three daughters after we moved to Buckinghamshire - Primary schools and prep schools were OK but the seconary girls schools here in Bucks are just total garbage. Allegedly. IMHO.

Just had a look at Zoopla - really good and lists in each town. For example I searched
" estate agents in Brackley" and Zoopla listed them straight away. Brilliant site.
I learn something every day.

Just been told that type the word property and the town name ie "Property Marlow" and the computer will come up with findaproperty.com which lists even more than Zoopla.

Last edited:

Keith

This is a fab little site and will not only tell you what everyone actually paid for their house (not necessarily the asking or published sale price) it will also list ALL the house for sale in the area.

Info is taken from Land Registry...

All you need is a post code or Town name...

House Prices

Thanks for all the advice guys. Very helpful.

I have so many things to sort out before it can happen, and this seems to be a big one!

Just for info, my search criteria goes like this. Drop a pin in Silverstone (work), then search a 30 mile radius from there. On the ouskirts of the rule, and where I've been looking is Chipping Norton (NE Cotswolds). The wife and I have a bit of a connection to the place.

Other than that (as pointed out), it'll come down to schools to base ourselves near.

As Chipping Norton is where Jeremy Clarkson lives, that should help bring the property prices down a bit:laugh:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Clarkson? A total idiot.
I would pay good money not to live in Chipping Norton.
This was the guy who demonstrated on TV how to have a cigarette in the lavatory
on a Boeing 747 and left us to clean up the fall out when passengers attempted the same thing. I believe the BBC pulled that sequence from subsequent repeats .

Last edited:
Back