Un1/g50-52

Progress with fitting my LS1 to my Renault UN1 has finally ground to a stop. The UN1 Is not doing to work in this application.

I will fit G50 box from Porsche. I looked at Kennedys Engineerings site have anyone had experience with this product.

If any one is looking for a UN1 with Quaife internals and ATB , Its new and used build by Kevin at GTO Engineering please drop me a e-mail. ( [email protected]) I have also a spare UN1, 4speed 369 and two UN5.

Neil

Neil,
I know of one person in the uk who I think has a chevy mated to a un1, can I put you in touch or is it out of the window already?
Simon

Thanks for all the input;

I have a Chevy / UN1 Bell housing. The problem is the LS1. The standard flywheel fouls the belhousing and three bolts on the end of the block. We machined the belhousing with the plan to weld webs to strengthen the belhousing post machining. BUT their is insufficient material in the bell housing to manage this.
The other option would to make a custom flywheel and starter But If you look at the economics I am better getting rid of the box and starting again.

Cost
Chevy bellhousing £600
Machining £200
AP Clutch pack £750
Set of CAD drawings £250

I can pick up a G50 for less than the above

Back