Universal Ford, Grand Rapids, Michigan

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
Someone sent me the advertisement below from 1966. Look at what your Dad could have purchased for a combined total of less than $33,000. I'd say that might have been a good investment.

Universal Ford Advertisement.jpeg

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I lived about 45 miles from Grand Rapids back in the day. I used to hang out in GR in the early 70’s, but don’t remember Universal Ford. Wish I could have went there. GR is also home to Berger Chevrolet. They specialized in COPO special edition Chevys. Very cool place back in the day.

Regards. Brian

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
Very true. But maybe $8 million (rough estimate of the current value of the three cars) - $272,000 still results in a profit of $7.7 million today.
Anyway, one can only dream.

Saw all the cars in that ad and Mario Andretti no less at Tasca Ford East Providence RI .I believe it was Mustangs third birthday party. Before I forget one of the Men at Tasca had a Lotus Cortina also. Tasca was BIG into Drag racing.He had a Mustang with a big block that they would actually take out and street race.There was a place in nearby Seekonk, Mass called the Pink Elephant Drive In (the Pink) for short where many street racers hung out. If I remember correctly it took Bob Tasca quite a while to sell the GT40.It was a street version 289. Sitting in that car was the coolest thing a 16 year old could ever do.
Never see those days again

Back