WANTED rear hood lock support

Laurent

Supporter
Hello friends !
If anyone have something approching, i'm interested...
i just have poor piece of rectangular in shape aluminium part... tinkered on the corner of the workbench...
Thanks !
Laurent

Attachments

• DSCF5786.jpg
    DSCF5786.jpg
    531.6 KB · Views: 56
Laurent, I haven’t seen anything off the shelf for this function, so custom fabrication is required. They’re pretty simple to make, so give it a go. The ones I made for my car are similar to the photo you posted.

Attachments

• IMG_1026.jpeg
    IMG_1026.jpeg
    372.5 KB · Views: 50

Laurent

Supporter
Thank you for your quick response Mickael!
I'm going to do that... I thought it was a part made by GTD, Tornado, RCR or another manufacturer...

IDK Ryan, RCR may have fabbed some per a customer request, but I don’t think they provide an off the shelf item.

Michael, what I mean is, that both of those appear to be on RCR cars, so maybe it was something that they offer.

However on closer inspection I see that yours that you made are different to the ones in the top photo, which may be on Jason Ferraro's car if I remember the garage correctly. If it is his car then there is lots of one-off bits on that car and he may have had them made locally in Melbourne.

Laurent

Supporter
I can confirm to you that RCR/SLC Customer Service does not manufacture these parts, they confirmed this to me by email..
well, now i just have to manufacture them !! In any case, thanks to those who gave the idea!

Morten

Mortified GT
Supporter
Just take some measurements, make a sketch, email that to a metal workshop, or search on ebay for welding service and you’ll get them made. Its a dead simple triangle bit of ally, few welds, a bonnet/hood bolt.. sorted. Or make one in metal.

I purchased some trunk latches from summit racing that I will be using when the time comes, I also am just going to fabricate as needed the supports.

If you do not want to use through pings below is the link to what I am going to use. I have removed the secondary catch from them as well.

Back