weber 48 IDA settings

I have a 347 stroker engine in my car with 48 IDAs, when set up on the dyno at Tim Adams Racing it ran fine, it produced 429 HP and 446 ibs ft of torque using main jet 150, idle jet 60, air correction 160 and 40mm choke. Since fitting it to the car it has never run sweetly and does seem a bit down on power, because it's now running on open exhausts do I need to change settings.

As I live quite away from Tim does anyone know of somebody in the North West area ( Lancashire ) that is expert on setting these carbs. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi John -

Give 'Matt' a call at RACESHACK of TEWKESBURY....

He recently tuned Glen Mason's Southern GT, a 331 on 48 IDAs and Glen is most pleased with the results - smooth throughout and zero hesitation or flatspots...

Read more about Glen's trip on the club website. www.gtd40club.co.uk in the News Section.

Raceshack.jpg

Thanks for that Paul, that's exactly what I want, but I'll have to give it some thought though, Tewkesbury is quite away from Preston.

John

eek! you're not wrong... about 140 miles according to google...

My geography always was a bit crap.......

Also, re-reading your original post, I'd think you are a bit lean on mains, esp if now running open pipes. Have you tried larger, eg 175 mains / 240 air? what emulsion tubes are fitted?

Also - do you have lambda bosses in your collectors? - I've a couple of lambda meters I'd be willing to loan out if it helps, but to be honest you could'nt do better than visiting Matt @ RaceShack - definately money well spent... esp as he has full sets of ALL the required parts...

Mike Pass

Supporter
Hi John,
We use Ric Wood in Stockport. He has a very good modern rolling road set up and is familiar with Holley and Weber set ups. You will get a full print out of power and torque. You can watch the digital readouts as your car is run up on the rollers. He did my car about a 2 years ago (which you did a painting of when Martin Gough had it). He did Alan Snelson's car and found 90bhp! He has just done a cam change and set up on John Bate's car which has quad webers. He is not cheap but knows what he is doing.
http://www.ricwood.com/

Cheers
Mike

Last edited:
Hi John,
We use Ric Wood in Stockport. He has a very good modern rolling road set up and is familiar with Holley and Weber set ups. You will get a full print out of power and torque. You can watch the digital readouts as your car is run up on the rollers. He did my car about a 2 years ago (which you did a painting of when Martin Gough had it). He did Alan Snelson's car and found 90bhp! He has just done a cam change and set up on John Bate's car which has quad webers. He is not cheap but knows what he is doing.
http://www.ricwood.com/

Cheers
Mike

Thanks Mike, was it you who came with Martin to collect the painting?

John

Mike Pass

Supporter
Hi John,
Yes t'was I that came over with Martin to collect the painting. The picture looks absolutely superb on Martin's lounge wall although he should really give it to me now I have the car!
I saw one of of your paintings of the Porsche 917 at one of the car shows - stunning! When I stop spending on the GT40s I will be putting one on my wall at home. Let us know if you come over to Ric Wood's and we can meet up, have a look at Martin's immaculate Southern GT build and chew the fat.
Cheers
Mike

Back