Wedding lift required

Rob Bromfield

GT40s Supporter
Six months ago a friend at work asked me if I would drive him to his wedding in my 40.
No problem. So last Saturday we had a dry run from Farnborough to a place just outside Petersfield. I ran him down there and back to his house and then I drove back to my place. The engine had sounded a little rough but everything went fine until about 10 miles from Basingstoke when the oil pressure went off the gauge.
I drove back gingerly and the next day I had a look at the oil. It's full of steel flakes so I'm in the process of stripping down the engine to find out what went wrong.
However, I don't think I'll have the car back in one piece to drive my friend to his wedding.
I was to pick hime up from his house in Farnborough (Hants) at about 2pm on Friday the 22nd June to get him to the hotel near Petersfield (Hants) for his wedding at 3pm.

Can anybody out there help.

Brian Magee

Supporter
Rob
I would have done it but it is the same Friday as the Festival of Speed.
Have you tried Bob Jones Richard Hagley or Bill Goludthorpe?

Brian.

Rob Bromfield

GT40s Supporter
Thanks for replying Guys.

Malcom - I'll phone you tomorrow. I think my friend would offer to clean your car with his tongue - he's that disappointed about my letting him down. Actually come to think about it he'd probably offer to clean it with MY tongue but let's not go there!

Brian - Good suggestion, believe me they're on my list of people to beg to!

Gary - At present I'm in the middle of dismantling the back of the 40 to get at the engine. I'll keep posting what I find as this engine was professionally rebuilt only 2500 miles ago! The engine seemed fine apart from being noisier than usual so I'm hoping (fingers crossed) that it's something minor and the damage is minimal.

Back