What is the build and delivery time of your RF?

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Andy!! your absolutly wright. I for one don't put much effort in to my spelling because I really don't care what people think. In addition, the majority of the audiance don't take the time to think before they write. So as the saying go's" GARBAGE IN...GARBAGE OUT". anyway, were off topic. so I won't responde unless it applies to the thread topic.

Happy New Year

Oliver

Andy,

There is a truth in what you say but there are variations to that truth today.
The written language has in the past been “owned” by the academics because it was used primarily for formal communication. The spoken language on the other hand had always been less formal in the main and filled with grammatical errors, especially when you are for example barking out instructions to a member of the family. This has always been considered socially acceptable.

However, there is a new player in the field today. We now have electronic communication in emails and SMS and, for that matter forums like these, where they more closely resemble the spoken language rather than the written language. Incorrect spelling and grammar (such and dropping capitalization etc) in the main is now being considered socially acceptable by many. Since language is a dynamic thing, and since this form of the written word is convenient for this type of electronic medium, we will only see its acceptance expand over time. It will then just be the "old fogies" like me who will complain /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Let's see if we can get this back on topic.Maybe it's time for a new listing of when the cars are to be expected.The last one I saw seemed a couple of monthes off.Thanks

#108 TK USA Dec'05
#109 TK USA Dec'05

#120 D UK Dec'05
#137 D UK Dec'05

#110 T USA Jan'06
#115 T USA Jan'06

First UK cars were scheduled for Nov and we know they just shipped. This is the latest I saw, but we know this is not the schedule as it stands now.

From my best estimate, it looks as if the first US cars will ship sometime at the end of January and the next set of UK cars will ship a month later...estimating Feb. finally mine (110) looks to be shipping in March. I don't think we can look for them much sooner than this.

We are farther off than we thought for all our cars. From reading between the lines, it looks like that the one a week fiberglass bodies are not coming through as expected.

Robert, you want to clarify if this is correct?

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Ben,
You forgot a couple of things. This was Roberts thread back in October

David,

I am in South Africa as I write this. It is almost evening on a Sunday and Rob and myself are finalising the workloads for Rob's staff for the next week. I have gone over the first set of body moulds which we took delivery of only two days ago and they are fantastic.

I am here to keep an eye on the first eight cars to be finished and all to be shipped before Christmas. Work is hectic and like all new ventures they take longer and cost more then expected.

David it is refreshing to see a person that REALY knows how hard it is and has an idea on what we have almost completed. I for one am looking forward to a well earned rest at years end with a "cold one and a shrimp on the barby".

Best wishes,

Robert

In the past threads, regarding RF, The African holiday is 3 WEEKS long wich will not resume production until Mid Jan. The cars that left for the UK were Quickbuilds. 4 of the 6 cars you have listed are turnkeys. Considering how long it took to complete the Quickbuilds, and considering the LONG holiday, I would look more at April for 108/109 delivery. 120/137/110/115 you can expect mid summer shipments.. If everything goes well. This would be more realistic. I may be wrong! I hope so! But Please DON'T get you hopes up like I did... only too be disapointed. Also, I did not include employee problems, fabrication problems, parts delivery problems, Emergency,..ECT.. ECT.. all this has to be cosidered. I'm sure Robert will update the customers when he returns to AFRICA. It may seem I'm picking on RF...I'm not...I'm just analizing from the past performance.

Regards
Oliver

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Ben,

Your dates are correct except that I expect your will leave by end of February.

You have a PM.

Best wishes,

Robert

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Oliver,

My staff in South Africa have only taken the period between Christmas and the New Year off and not the three weeks that is normal. I have stated this else where and I am very happy that they are so keen to get the production line on track.

The above post explains production and I will keep Hershal and Rick updated.

Best wishes,

Robert

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Robert,

That is fantastic! I was under false impression. Anyway you will move steedfast and complete what you say. The photo's were fantastic... I'm sure when the turnkeys are near completion the photo's
are going to make the new owners pop their cork. Keep up the good work!

Just my opinion,,, I would rather have a replica company take their time , let the glass parts cure up longer in the molds, cure longer before setting all the gaps, cure up longer before putting in a hot shipping container ,,, than being rushed to a antsy customer . I would rather have them take a month or more extra time than spend many times that fixing panels myself. Think about it . Robert I am not saying you are going to do a substandard job and rush it, but just trying to give a new point of view to a customer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Simply Amazing!

Robert,

This thread since created has had over 4,763.00 views and over 130 replies which it looks like to be the highest viewed among all the topics in the forum. Why? I imagine it is a concern with your customers.

Oliver

Oliver, you're going to have a heart attack! Relax and think happy thoughts! After all, your car won't even be late until, what end of April? I suggest watching Caddyshack - Chevy Chase has some valuable hints on relaxation.

Rereading all the above posts, it reminds me that waiting RF customers were promised better communication on what was going on with the company in South Africa. Some photographs of a painted body have now appeared. It seems strange to me that no information or updates are coming from the factory. It would surely be in the interests of everybody to know whats going on. I can only guess that building times are well, well, behind schedule. If we had some information or photgraphs of cars being built it would make waiting a lot easier ( I have to wait as I simply cannot afford a gt40 by any other manufacturer). I was promised my car on the road in uk for easter. If its not going to happen, and it doesn't look like it, at least tell us - a few months extra wait is no big deal as long as we know. The other point of no information is that it must put off prospective customers - this is in no-ones interest at all. Calling South Africa- camera out and update us please.

jpc_bate,

I will second your request. Thank you for a respectful, but important, request.

What painted bodies are you speaking of? I have not seen pictures of any painted bodies.

Ben #110

Hi, see other subject ''BLUE WITH WHITE STRIPES''. This illustrates my point exactly. They have appeared via a customer and not RF directly. I cannot understand all this. If they said to me -''look we have made an error and things are taking much longer than we thought but here are pictures of a car ahead of you in the queue'' - I would just think, fair enough I will have to wait. But nothing at all? Seems very strange. I would be wanting to keep waiting customers happy and attract new ones. At the moment I am just wondering if something major bad is happening over there as I wrote to the UK dealer over two weeks ago and have not had a reply yet. Can't wait to be proved wrong and reassurred all is well.

HI JPC,

Rick provided me witht he pics I posted. He should be keeping you up to date. Two weeks without a response does not sound like Rick, I have not had an issue with him responding to my questions. To be fair I think he is waiting on updates as well. You might want to double check the email you are using for him or try contacting Carol in the office fo a quick response.

John,

Thanks for your post.

The photos that were posted by Dave Yorke were sent to ALL the uk customers the same day we received them. Is your email address working?

With regard to your letter, I received it last Friday night ie 3 days ago and if you check your voicemail, you have already received a message from Carol.

Your car is due to be shipped with mine as you know and the work is progressing well in Capetown.

The first UK car is going for SVA in the next week and UK cars 2 and 3 are currently in UK being built by their owners. Robert will give us all an update in the next day, as he has arrived in SA.

Thruxton Sports Cars always reacts very quickly to questions and queries and so you can always call me direct on 07771 844884 - you are never bothering me.

I look forward to our cars arriving together as soon as possible

Rick

Dear Rick,
Thank you for your reply. I should and will speak to you directly but I will also do it here to complete the matter for all to see. An hour after writing my post I did indeed receive a telephone call from your office confirming things were all well. I have not received any emails. Your post pleases me very much but also proves my point. Why or why if cars have arrived from South Africa, do you or RF not tell everybody. I am a waiting customer watching the forum with interest. I could have been a potential customer. An update on the forum with photographs of cars being built would do the world of good in terms of PR.
As I said earlier, a delay does not really matter in the big scheme of things but lack of information starts people fearing the worst, as I did. In fact i nearly spent my ''gt40 saved up money'' on something else! I would not be so arrogant as to tell you how things should be done but its very simple to show photographs and provide updates of cars being shipped out and arriving. If that leads to more customers placing deposits, well that can only be good for everybody. I think RF need a PR person - I will offer my services for a huge discount! Let me really put you on the spot -there is a club Le Mans trip in July, if I book a space on it will i have a GT40 to go in? PS. I see you are offering a GT40 charity ride, in my motorcycle magazine-is that in your UK demonstrator? Best regards.

JPC,

You voice my exact opinions (and I have voiced them before on this website). I follow up with your post only to push the point to Robert that communication should be ongoing. There is no doubt that issues such as this can sway potential buyers.

Back