What US steering racks has anyone used

I've been looking through the threads and haven't found any US made steering racks... i don't think the Cortina racks are easy to get over here as they are not being produced any more and not many were imported anyway. So what are you using???

One USA car that has a rack with many possibilities is the GM World or 'J' car, We call them Camira's out here in OZ/NZ, I think both Chev & Pontiac have them under another name in USA, they will be rear steer LHD or front steer RHD for the USA type, and require a bit of a rethink for steering arm attachment in another car, most FWD/LHD Asian stuff has the rack mounted behind or in rear steer mode which will work fine in a RHD front steer situation as long as bump steer etc is addressed...

Hi The 71-72 Pinto unit from Flaming River had the same dimensions as the Cortina or is it Ganada rack and is LHD . If you are looking to go RHD PM me as I have will not be using the rack that was in the car when it arrived. Just make sure of who's steering system you are using as they very widely and the wrong rack will introduce all kinds of issues.

Back