Where to strap down on the dyno?

Where is it a good idea to strap the frame down on the dyno?

Are the front and rear lower control arms okay? (I'm trying to avoid the hassle of removing the diffuser to be able to access the lower rear horizontal beam, but if I have to..)

Ron Earp

Admin
Strap it down around the half shafts. They're round, beefy, and definitely well connected to the car. If those are hard to get to then strap it down through the wheels. That never fails.

Strap it down around the half shafts. They're round, beefy, and definitely well connected to the car. If those hard hard to get to then strap it down through the wheels. That never fails.

Uhhh, don't the half-shafts turn as the wheels turn?

Howard Jones

Supporter
You guys are being mean to poor Alex. Hint Alex, if you can't depend on the A Arms to hold it on a dyno, then what will happen when they must bear the load when being driven.

Use the lower A Arms. And you guys be nice. How would you feel if he followed your advice and posted the video of the results. Oh...............now I get it.......

Cheers Alex!

And now that we know where to strap it down for the dyno, where do you attach a strap that won't destroy the body if you need it winched onto a flatbed tow truck?

back the car in the trailer, use the crossbar at the back of the chassis to winch it in, use the rear lower control arms for tie down points. For the front, the lower control arms are a good location for tie downs..

Pretty sure the SL-C must go on a trailer rear first.

Ruth,

I load mine by attaching a winch strap to the lower rear cross-member and winch the car up my Sloan Kwickload trailer in reverse. Unless you have a winch point high on the front or extending in front of the spoiler you might risk damaging the front fascia.

And now that we know where to strap it down for the dyno, where do you attach a strap that won't destroy the body if you need it winched onto a flatbed tow truck?

Dont know if your talking about towing the car yourself to the track, but here is an option!

I have this etrack installed in my race car trailer and LOVE IT! it gives you so much freedom for shifting your load around in the trailer depending on if you are carrying more or less stuff and where you put it etc...

6000 lb. HORIZONTAL E-TRACK « Erickson Manufacturing Ltd.

You can then use this setup to keep the tires x4 strapped down tight and not hitting the bodywork

3300 lb. E-Track Roller Idler Fitting Assembly « Erickson Manufacturing Ltd.

obviously the SLC bodywork is low, but it may work? or a modification of it may do just swell

Cheers,
Chris

Looping directly over the tyres using E track is a great and reliable way to transport an SLC....otherwise we go aound the lower chassis/control arms

We have also looped through the spokes of the wheel on the race car as its splitter is a little more obtrusive...

Fran...do you use that etrack roller i posted above to keep the strap ratchet out of the way of the body work? If not, how do you keep the ratchet out of the way of everything?

Chris,

No we dont but I do like the look of them....so I will buy some and give them a try...normally for us its not really an issue as we can put the ratchet on the tyre as they are normally junk at the end of a race and we will be changing them for the next session...
The main supplier outlets is only 30 mins from us , so I will get some this week and have a gander...and report back

Last edited:
Back