Who is planning on going to Run and Gun in St. Louis

Ron,

Wow, no response yet, I guess they are to busy having FUN, and don't have time to deal with us no-shows! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

J

JOHNBGT40

It was great to meet all the RF guys.. Robert, Hershal, Jerry, phil, and Al. I can't belive the quality of the RF GT40's. I'm so excited and can barley think of anything else.I was very impressed with the knowlege and the level of expertise and percision of the RF cars. Robert and his team reallly thought out the design and materials used. The new intake set-up looked absoulutly gorgous and I can't wait to see it on my engine. "Wright Robert". Jerry and Hershal were very knowlegable. Robert picked the right guys for his USA representives. I plan to attend as many events as possible showboating the RF cars. I will make Robert and his team proud when I whip the snot out the competition....Look foward to seeing and chating with all of you in the future.

Regards

John RF 116 on order

Arrived in St.Louis Thursday night, rainy and foggy. Woke up and looked out the hotel window and the same /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif. It slowly dried up and I got to the track and met Jerry Jansing, and Phillip for the first time in person. No disappointments there, both super nice guys .It was still very dark and grey with rain looking all around. Hershal was in line along with Phil's car . Robert was looking well and had his usual huge amount of enthusiasm when he saw I just arrived. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 63723-DSC00020ab.jpg
    63723-DSC00020ab.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 211
I climbed on top of Phil's tow vehicle and was able to get a few action shots.

Attachments

• 63724-DSC00024ab.jpg
    63724-DSC00024ab.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 197
Unfortunately another round of storms hit and washed out most of the running the rest of the day . Then it later cleared but the track workers had left and that was that. Hershal did take me for a good ride around the track during a break in the action earlier in his 40. We had 2 laps of the circuit and I enjoyed it very much.Later in the afternoon Jerry Jansing told me to "take her for a drive" ,,,Jerry had some oiling issues with his engine and didn't run Friday, but his car was great to run in the huge infield parking lot. I was surprised how light the steering is. I was wondering how heavy mine would be when I get her done, but it has good feel and even with a small steering wheel it does not seem heavy at all. The car felt very "connected" to the driver similar to the formula cars I used to drive , or as a purpose built race car should be, but with a bit of suppleness so it does not thrash you if you drive it on public roads. Very Nice ! Thanks Jerry for the drive , I hit a puddle with the front left wheel and after Jerry had it wiped all down before I took it out. I returned red faced, but Jerry insisted "DONT WORRY ABOUT IT" and wouldn't let me clean it up,LOL.
Later we all went out for Mexican and had a super time. I am looking forward to when we all can get together again. Also thanks for all the shirts guys !
I had to leave early Saturday and help the Nortwest Airline mechanics by joining them in a picket line at DFW and showing support from a fellow mechanic .So I dont know how the drags went , but the weather should have been good Saturday.

Attachments

• 63728-DSC00028ab.jpg
    63728-DSC00028ab.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 200
Back