Why don`t I have enough time for 40?

Been out from here about half year, and same time absolutely nothing happened to my GT... Here is the excuse.
My old love struck back:
Group A
Sold it many years ago, last autumn i bought it back when i heard it`s for sale.
Last weekend was first rally after 3,5 years. Won the class :)

It`s been rallycar from new. 1st owner drove RAC -88 and -89 with it. I was third owner when i first time bought it in late of last century.

Full Group A -level; MS (265) RS500 race Getrag with long bellhousing, 9" MS87 diff with VC, multiplate AP Racing clutch etc. Rolling road showed 267 hp / 0,9 bar boost in November, now running 1,4 bar. Too much for icy roads anyway; spinning rear wheels through the gears. And rallystudded BF/Michelin tyres are 380€/each and it eats them a lot :(
Plans are keep it as long as possible and rebuild it at some point for historic rallying. Got a new bodyshell for that already.

I`ll promise to continue work with GT too.

EDIT link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMkSQ7fN1zI

Last edited:

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
I wish we could get those cool Cosworths here in the States. Damn Ford for not selling them here!!

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
I can watch rally racing all day long if it were on TV. Funny how Nascar is on every frigging channel but you hardly ever see rallying here in the states on TV. I hate to sell my rally car, it will be sad to see it go. :(

+1 Jack. I found that rallying is more fun than going around in circles. You don't go as fast for as long, but driving in various road conditions is very challenging ( and costly if you hit something...ask me how I know). I think you out to dust that baby off and get back in the game.
Garry

Back