Windshield

Does anyone have an extra windshield that they’d like to sell.

I’m in no hurry, not planning on getting back into the build until fall, but my next step if fitting body parts and the windshield is the first step.

Thanks

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
From what I understand, not all replicas have identical windshield frames built into the spider. Some claim their spiders are identical to the originals - but very few of these spiders are steel as were the originals.
Your best bet is to contact whoever manufactured the spider you are using and see what they recommend.

From what I understand, not all replicas have identical windshield frames built into the spider. Some claim their spiders are identical to the originals - but very few of these spiders are steel as were the originals.
Your best bet is to contact whoever manufactured the spider you are using and see what they recommend.

I can get them from my manufacturer but I was looking for something used as his is very expensive. Thanks for the advice.

Here is the thread:

Here is the thread:

Thanks, for some reason the doc doesn’t open. I doubt my car will be there anyway. It’s an Active Powersport car that aren’t too prevalent.

I’d be interested in anyone who has a windscreen that they want to get rid of. At a good price it would be worth a try

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
The document came up for me so I took a snap-shot.

This chart does not guaranty that there are not still more valid combinations, just that they had not been documented.
IE - RCR and SPF may well be interchangeable, but no one has tried it and come forth with the information.

I don’t think you’re going to find a $200 Safelite windshield that will fit as the GT40 windshield is unique to the GT40 Mark it was made for.
Some time back, there was someone who checked the fitment of the 1st generation Factory Five GTM windshield in an RCR. This was confirmed at the time by the owner of RCR as a suitable fit.

753FBD53-7F63-4961-8D56-5FF0A128F3B8.jpeg

I suspect that you will find that most of the cars that have KVA lineage (ridge at top of B pillar) will share a screen that is very similar. The last GT40 screen that I got was made in China.

I suspect that you will find that most of the cars that have KVA lineage (ridge at top of B pillar) will share a screen that is very similar. The last GT40 screen that I got was made in China.
IIRC Ryan when the Aussie windscreen manufacturer stopped production / closed down the jigs/forms were sold to China and the word here on site suggested that the GT40 screen might get dropped from production due to low numbers, might pay you to do some more research into who is actually making them now if your screen markings give you any leads.

Front screen supply seem ok at the moment. Supply of the rear screen seems to be the problem. I will need to dig the fronts out of storage. I think the couple I have, both have different markings on them. I will get some photos if that helps people. One thing for certain is, that if they cant sell the fronts, then they will stop making them. If they can move them, then they may consider making the rears.

I was told that the rear screen was going to be done as well, but after a few phone calls earlier today, that appears to have been stretching the truth. All I will say Jac, is that some people will tell you what they think you need to hear. Nothing is certain until you have the goods in your hands. Fingers crossed I have some good news in the next week on this front. Till then, keep well.

regards Ryan.

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
The chart above explains why my replacement windshield from SPF (from Hillbank) four years ago cost $1,800!

Thanks for the chart. I can get a new windshield from the company that made my spider shipped for $1,000. Does that seem like a fair price?

Based on the cost of one from Superformance, I think I’m ok.

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
For anyone looking to switch insurance companies, I should mention one thing about my $1,800 replacement windshield from Superformance. I've been insured for seven years with Midwest Classic Insurance. I submitted a claim for the windshield expecting them to either deny it or pay only a fraction of the cost. But they paid 100% with no deductible. No questions asked. Just like I was replacing glass on a 2015 Chevy Impala. I was both shocked and impressed. Their rates are very competitive as well.

Thats an expensive windscreen...
Just paid a thirth of that for a brand new custom made, brons tinted, heated screen for a GTD.
heatedwindscreen.com.
They do all GT40 screens. Comes with E markings in any tint you wish. Genuine Triplexx.
All made to order. Could take up to 7 months delivery time.

Back