Wings and Wheels 2012 - DUNSFOLD

The annual Wings and Wheels event is taking place on Sunday 26th and Monday 27th August 2012 at Dunsfold near Guildford, Surrey.

I understand those of you who have participated previously should receive directly from Brooklands Museum a MOTORING DEMONSTRATION EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FORM.

However you can apply now if you wish.

Go to www.wingsandwheels.net Click on WHEELS and then MOTORING DEMONSTRATION EXPRESSION OF INTEREST application to download the form.

Please return the form directly to Brooklands Museum not forgetting the SAE.

This has become a very popular event both for aviation and motoring enthusiasts. I suggest you apply soonest but remember this is an expression of interest so there cannot be any guarantees of getting a place but I know Brooklands Museum are looking for a good display of cars again.

There is the virtual Wings and Wheels 'TOP SPEED' trophy to aim for!

Please let me know if you have applied.

I understand from the organisers of the motoring activities they have received a constant flow of Expression of Interest Forms. If you are intending to participate suggest you think about sending in your form in good time. Entries however close 20th July 2012.

Just to let you know after talking today with the organiser of the motoring demonstration you should be hearing sometime by the end of this week. There has been significant interest so as soon as you do hear just let me know on what day, or days, you will be there.

Passes arrived this morning. Hope to be there on Sunday and Monday.

As soon as you do hear please post here or otherwise let me know on what day or days you are attending.

There is a reason I ask this as revealed in Chris Simpson's article in Fortification No 92 Page 32/33 covering the 2011 event. Worth another read anyway!

Mine arrived today, should be there on both Sunday and Monday all being well. I will probably be camping over night too. Looking forward to it, it's a great event.

Jas

Unfortunately one of our members who hoped to come along is now unable to do so.

If anyone is interested in bringing their 40 along on Sunday and/or Monday to join in the demonstration runs please contact me asap.

Back