Wiring question

Just got P2226 last week. In checking over the electrics I can't figure out what the 'door side lights switch' does. If this is an unused circuit where does the wiring go?

Chuck is absolutely correct. The switch controls the door roundel lights. If you look up under the passenger side about where your knees would hit the bottom of the dash, you will find a brown wire and a gray/red wire that are wire tied off and go nowhere. These can then be routed to the doors and the rear deck. I will be posting a "how to" in the next few days detailing the entire procedure on installing original style number lights. I just finished the lights on my car last week.

Attachments

• mini-DSCN1237.JPG
    mini-DSCN1237.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 379
  • mini-DSCN1245.JPG
    mini-DSCN1245.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 402
  • mini-DSCN1297.JPG
    mini-DSCN1297.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 382
  • mini-DSCN1300.JPG
    mini-DSCN1300.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 357
  • mini-DSCN1310.JPG
    mini-DSCN1310.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 394
Thanks Lynn. Guess I never thought about the need for number lights in endurance racing. Thanks also for all your how to tips.

That looks really good Lynn. I can tell you are enjoying the car, and the how to tips are invaluable. Where did you get the lights? chuck

Chuck

The acquisition of the lights is a tough one. All I can suggest is to go to every supplier in your area that deals with NOS parts or bone yards. You can try nationally, but trust me when I say I called every NOS and Repop company in the US, UK, AU, NZ listed in Hemmings Motor News and Google. I will be posting all the good part numbers and places I found that had them in a how to next week. I did manage to find two on ebay one cost me $39 and one cost $51. The lights for a MKI are easy to get because they are still being produced. MKII is another matter. Mike Gelb is looking into having these repoped. I'll provide more detail later.

Back