WTB Renault GRBX CV adapters wanted

Howard Jones

Supporter
I have a GTD and would like to find a source for the CV adapters used on the R21 Renaults.

Anybody have a set of new unused they want to part with? Otherwise, source's for new parts would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Howard

Last edited:
I still have a set of those, along with a pair of 930 cv joints, a V8 ford spline input shaft, and a transaxle from a deloreon, from way back in the GT40NZ days.

let me know of you are interested, I can take pics. I'm in Topeka Kansas.
Alain

Howard Jones

Supporter
Yes, I am interested in the cv adapters. If you could take some pictures, and maybe a spline count and some basic dimensions. Let me know what you want for them, of course I would pay for shipping if we can agree on a deal.

I'm asking $400 for the pair of CV adapters with the pair of cv joints, and the input shaft & gasket as a bundle.
The adapters and input shaft are as new and have never been run, just dusty from sitting.

The transaxle came from a Delorean that had an engine fire is another $400.00

Or $750 takes it all. You pay for shipping of course.

Let me know,,,,,,
I had held on to this stuff since back when I sold my NZ and NA cars about ten years ago to start my biz. I kept this stuff, because I planned on eventually building another 40,,,,,,,,,,,but I just started putting up a new workshop at my house,,,,so the 40 project is being postponed once again. Just not enough hours in a day to do everything at once I guess.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Mine look like these. The stepped diameter splined tube makes me wonder if they will work with the seals that are in my GRBX. If you could measure the diameter of the seal mating surface I can figure it out.

For now I would only want the cv adapters as I don't want to accumulate any more stuff before I move to Texas. After I get there we could talk some more about the GRBX and if we reach agreement I could come and get it if necessary.

Attachments

• esprit-gbox-seal-replace2r.jpg
    esprit-gbox-seal-replace2r.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 204
  • gearbox.jpg
    gearbox.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 203
  • gearboxadp.jpg
    gearboxadp.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 230
Howard, sounds like your best option at this point is to get the ones from Andy.

I would rather not seperate the parts I have. I know "one of these days" I'll build another 40, so I'll either hang on to the stuff I have or replace it all with a different type of transaxle.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Thanks Alain. Like I said, I'll wait until I am settled in my new shop, then who knows maybe I'll be in the mood fro a road trip to Kanas and get the whole lot from ya.

Andy, thanks for the help. Good to know of a reliable source. As above when I get settled and I have a place to work on my cars again I contact you for purchase/shipping information.

Back