Yet another Kiwi

Hello All

Yep .......... I have that terrible disease.
Being a remote medicines Medic in the oil industry I can safely tell you all,

THERE IS NO CURE!!

So get used to it and go with the flow.

I am very keen on building a RCR P4.

I wanted to go with a 917 but I am 6'4".

I have to be able to go with 2 up as I am not allowed to spend this amount of money on just myself.

I intend to ring Fran when I get home (Am offshore.) and find out just what is involved.
Have P/H with building rods and big engineering background.

Regards
Philip

Welcome Phil!

Check out the video of the P4 newly posted in the RCR sub-forum. Fantastic sound of that V12 and Webers.

Oh Yes!
We have wood!
In a terrible predicament which could be answered else where.
I am 6'4" ,Ex rugby player.
There is no room for me and a V12 in the same car.
A V10 of some description would be o.k.
I wonder if a Viper would fit?
A V8 would be fine also but missing the sound factor.
Reliability is a consideration.
I will try and speak with Fran this week.
He seems to have the answers at his fingertips.
The man owning the P4 in the start up has a fine car.
Phil

Welcome aboard Phil, your 'wood' predicament sounds like it belongs on a rugby tour, you know the kind.... what happens on tour stays on tour!!
Viper is a pretty big hunk of metal, must be some smaller V12's around, sounds like a 'special' transaxle is reqd to fit other V12's in the space if this is required to lessen the effects of this particular strain of your affliction.

Hi Phil,

The Viper V10 is very stout and can take the punishment. They can be readily modified for higher HP normally-aspirated and many SC and turbo applications are out there. BUT, it's pretty long having 10 coffee-can sized pistons to make 8.0+ Liters.

Doc

My only issue with the Viper V-10 is the sound....have they ever gotten the brute to sound less truck-like? Fantastic engine but I've not been a fan of the sound it puts out.

Well, I've always been in front of the exhaust sound. :drunk:

But, my brothers have been at the track and reported that they could pick my Viper out from others based on it's unique sound (more like what you are likely after). I had a cam, valvetrain, heads, Belanger headers, ECU, intake porting among a few other mods.

I also owned the V10 truck engine and the Viper didn't sound like that!

Doc

Hmmm
Not having seen a viper engine,(Size wise) it looks like it will be booted into touch.
Fran has informed me that a BMW V12 will fit.
He has also recommended a LS376 V8.
The G50 as a gear bag.
Being Kiwi a V8 is no stranger. I have had my share of Fords and chevs.
Genuine Shaker, blown Z28.

I see someone comes from Gore where they roll their "R"s.
That is Chris Begg Territory. (Remember him) Bruce McLaren.
He used to have his Crib next to ours in Queenstown. (My father used to say to him: Bruce! You are nothing but a bloo&y hoon!
Hotted up Singer Vogue, F1 car or Can Am car, Go-Cart (He built it for us kids.)
Phil

Last edited:
Dont know of a Chris Begg, was a guy named George that lived down the road who built a couple of cars. Google 'Barney Tansley' if you might want an all alloy version built.

Viper V-10 is OK if you don't mind people thinking that Big Brown is making a delivery. Did that to get a rise out of Doc. They're all good but V8 or V12 is more my passion.

Last edited:
Al,

No problemo.....

I used to track a '65 fuelie vette in the olden days so a V8 is just fine with me as well! My LS7 goes to the shop this week for some "added features".

Sorry
George Begg
George Begg
That is a story about him.
He was a bit of a legend of his time.

Well my mechanical budgie has got me home safe once again.
I will ring R.C.R. this week and get a feel for things there. (Once I get the correct time sorted out.)
I have to go to kiwi land in November so may have to stop off in the states for a flying visit.
I want to strap on a couple of cars on and try them for fit if I can.

Back