ZF JUST SOLD ON EBAY

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Can you believe a NOS ZF sold for $7,500.00 on ebay. Yes it is NOS but 7,500.00 GEE's The good used ones should sell for no less than 6,000.00. I would have paid 1,300 more and bought a brand new one from RBT. Although 8,800 for now. Another year wait and it will be 10,000.00. Price of alloy is going up like crazy so buy now or pay later...

OLIVER /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banned.gif

John B

Temp Selling Pass
You Mean they were sold for more! unbelievable !if so, than RBT is Cheap And should be higher. How much higher have they been sold for NOS!
Oliver /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banned.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
Heck, do a completed sales on Ebay search but $7k and more has been paid for used/upgraded boxes in nice shape. Might not be right, but it happens.

Despite your tirade against my audi box experiment I'm still going to try it (its cheap, why not try?). I can afford whatever box I want, but I've long held the belief, as it seems you do to, that the ZF boxes are way over priced for what they are. I'd do an RBT before laying down that sort of cash.

But, on the other hand, Ebay is over priced so make what you will of those prices. I know some folks have scored ZFs on the relative cheap but it doesn't happen every day.

R

John B

Temp Selling Pass
NOS MEANS

N O S
NEW OLD STOCK! This means it is a brand new item that has never been used on a car and it is still in the box for x amount of years never used. Basically brand new.

John B

Temp Selling Pass
AHHH! RON!

Hit a nerve with the tirade on your experiment !

Were you insulted? Don't be!

I don't doubt that you can buy any box out there. As you stated that information can be informative
in this forum. Go ahead do you experiment.Post your results. And then everybody will see that OLIVER was Right again and you wasted your time. Money? your the KING WASTE away. Sorry that I hurt your feelings. As for the ZF's unbeliveable!

Good luck!

OLIVER /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banned.gif

Deals are out there. I was very fortunate and my ZF found me. I was at a car show with the GT and some guy came up to me and asked if the GT40 originally had a ZF box in it. He went on to say that he had a Pantera and when he bought it he received an extra box in the deal and wondered if I might be interested in it. I still paid a fair price of $3200, but it was in perfect condition. I drove two and a half hours to this guys house and he took me out to this huge garage that had all kinds of old car parts laying around. We dug around for awhile and pulled out a wooden crate from under a bunch of other stuff. When I opened that box I found a cherry ZF! I felt like an archaeologist that had just uncovered some rare fossil. He threw in a bunch of Pantera parts as well, some in the original boxes to sweeten the deal. I just had another one lined up for $1700 and I thought it was a done deal. I called to tell the guy I was on my way over to pick it up and he said he had changed his mind and was going to keep it. Sometimes you get an excellent deal and sometimes you pay top dollar. Other times the best deals fall through. We all know its best to not be in a hurry when looking for the deal of a lifetime.

John B

Temp Selling Pass
3,200.00 A cherry deal! You won't see that anymore. If i see any ZF for under 6,000,I would buy it.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banned.gifOliver

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Oliver - Good on yer mate !!

I read the thread on Webers with interest - couldn't believe it - useful opinions, temperate, appreciative responses. All too good to be true !

You just could not resist the dig at Ron - pathetic & childish !

Then I looked back at your contribution to the Weber story & yes, it really is all the same - you did not actually contribute one tiny bit of personal technical knowledge or expertise, just basically a broad-brush lecture on "read up or rack off - try to be as great as me".

It was the change in the tenor of your post that initially threw me off - but not for long, same old, same old !

For all I know, you might just have all the expertise & money that you claim - big deal ! Your obsessive need to lord these "attributes" over everyone else on the Forum and to try to offend and denigrate as many pepole as you can manage is indicative of a serious personality disorder.

But, please do not go away - you are just too much fun !

Kindest Regards,

Peter D.

I am not so sure NOS gearboxes are such a good thing, I have stripped 2 now that were almost beyond repair, both sitting around for circa 15 - 20 years.

One was a ferrai box that all the yellow metal had turned green and fluffy, the reason given was the box had been stored in a variable climate and condensated inside?? Looked like new out side.

The other had not been turned over and had seized!! when it was stripped some of the shafts were useless. Again still had the manufacturers stickers on the outside.

NOS does not mean brand new, it means it was new once upon time and is now old stock.

Cheers

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Peter,

For you information, the person that started the thread was very appreciative that reserch should be done before he laid down the cash.There are more to webbers than people think. It is obvious that you don't have webbers.You love to taunt me and try to pick a fight. Well it an't going to happen! I understand that more than likely you are a great decendent of a street walker. It's ok! I would be pissed off to if I were a basterd child. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flamer.gif

Have A GOoooooooDAY!

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Very true. Most of these boxes still need to be gone through. This Is why I couldn't believe tht it sold for 7,500.00.

Oliver /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banned.gif

[ QUOTE ]
It is obvious that you don't have webbers.

[/ QUOTE ]
No he doesn't but the below aren't too bad... and Oliver, please don't insult Pete like that. He is truly a really nice guy; you were way out of line IMO with that last tirade. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nono.gif

Brett

Attachments

• 73248-Dsc01869a.jpg
    73248-Dsc01869a.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 202

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Joe T,
Thank you for your input on NOS.
Brett,
We are talking Ducks Backs here. W.O.T. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Oh No, I have been insulted by Oliver !!! I was beginning to get worried that I might be weird or something - imagine being the only person on the Forum who he has not insulted. What a relief - perhaps I am normal after all !

FYI, I am actually a descendant of an Irish convict, initially convicted of murder, but who had the sentence commuted to transportation for life to Oz (the original sentence was changed when the appeal judge was made aware of the reputation of the star witness - can you imagine, she was a streetwalker !!!!).

Innocent or not (probably), the story goes that he did not take kindly to being insulted, and reacted somewhat rashly - one insult, last insult !

Fortunately, the wild Irish genes have been tamed over the years, so Oliver, you are safe (at least from physical violence) !

And no, my mother was not a streetwalker - what a pathetic insult - not a hint of humour, wit or intelligence (like we expect any of those from you - yeah, right) !

Speaking of mothers, I assume it was your mother who took that lovely little picture of you that is now your avatar - she must be so proud of her contribution to mankind, turning a tiny innocent newborn baby into an offensive 3 year old child, then keeping up the good work so as to end up with an even more offensive middle aged child ! Its just a pity that she didn't take time out to teach you basic English so that your tirades could start a little above the gutter !

And the new "call sign" - Oliver The Great ? Oliver The Great WHAT ?

Brett, thanks for your kind words - Oliver is such fun, its like teasing the schoolyard bully ! I would have loved to have gone with Webbers on my car, but there was no way the RTA was going to accept them - hence the DC&O injection, modified so the injectors are on the insides (like TWM). Even with this setup & lots of hours on the dyno, we just scraped through the emissions test standards for that year. The standards have got much worse, so no more new small block GT40s here in Oz at all - just modular motors, Lexus, GM, etc - what a pity !

Do you have any more pics from your drive days here in Oz that you could post or send ? I'd love to see those you took out of the back of the car going over the Harbour Bridge.

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Pete,
Humble apologies, I thought I'd sent them. Thigs have beena bit crazy at work since I got back... Here's a sample or two. I'll send the rest straight away /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Brett

Attachments

• 73284-Dsc01847a.jpg
    73284-Dsc01847a.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 205

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Hey Brett-

If you wouldn't mind, put them in the gallery if you have the time. They look cool and I'd appreciate seeing the rest of them as well.

CK

Back