ZF Transaxle source in the US (& apologies as a newbie)

I have wanted to build a GT40 kitcar for quite a while and am now just able to do so financially, so its a great joy for me to be able to join the GT40 community.

As I've spec'ed out my car, I'm having trouble finding good sources for the ZF transaxle. I'm in the US (midwest). I'm also a bit sensitive to the new user signing up process on this website that says to search on things before asking dumb questions... and uses transaxles as the example! But I did, and still didn't see any clear references to sources of ZF transaxles... I also flogged the web quite a bit, so, sorry, but I have to ask this question of where to get them.

Thanks,
Craig.

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Craig,

Do a search on Lloyd Butfoy. He is the son of, the now departed, Roy Butfoy, who purchased the tooling for the 5DS-25-n transaxles from ZF. Roy Butfoy Transmissions (RBT)can help with transaxles from the 5DS-25-0 up to the RBT 6 speed that nearly made it into the new Ford GT. (I don't think it was an issue with the quality of the transmissions, but more to do with production volume.) I was able to persuade Lloyd to register on the website and he has made a few posts. Also, several members have dealt with him and I don't recall anything but good words.

I have a file of Pantera resources on another computer that I will send you as soon as I can get to it. It was compiled a few years ago, but should still have some good information.

As long as you have made an honest effort to see if you can locate info on this site, don't ever hesitate to ask a question directly. Many are like me and like to read their thoughts published to the world, so they won't, ordinarily, hesitate to provide you with their knowledge or opinons.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Regards,
Lynn

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Craig,

I am attaching a file called ZF Sources that should help.

Regards,
Lynn

Attachments

• 39909-ZFSources.txt
    3.7 KB · Views: 575
Back