05 Tracks Drive

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Happy new year everyone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
For those interested in track events around the south east corner of Queensland Australia /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

5-6/2/05 Sprints @ Stanthorpe
12/2/05 Sat.arvo sprints @ QR
19-20/2/05 Racing @ Morgan Park
26-27/2/05 Sprints @ MP A(series)
5-6/3/05 Gatton Sprints (around the houses)
12-13/3/05 Sprints @ MP B (series)
25-28/3/05 "Easter"Cobra club speed events @ Winton Vic Au??
1-3/4/05 Dutton Rally series, starts Qld
16-17/4/05 Racing @ MP
26/4-1/5/05 Targa Tasmania
30/4-1/5/05 Hrccq Racing @ MP
14-15/5/05 Sprints @ MP 'A'
4-5/6/05 Sprints @ MP 'B'
25-26/6/05 Racing @ QR
9-10/7/05 Sprints @ MP 'A'
22-24/7/05 Qld 300 Super V8s
6-7/8/05 Hrccq Racing @ QR
20-21/8/05 Leyburn Sprints (around the houses)
27-28/8/05 Racing Qrda

Just to mention a few for now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
TBA hillclimbs,enduros,motorkhanas,drags etc

My Budget? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Tyres $8000 + au
Fuel/oils $2000
Brake pads $1000
Entry fees/ licence $1900
Accom'n $500
Engine/mechanical repairs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif 1000s?
Helmet,fire suit, harness etc 1000s?
Etc,etc
ANY! donations greatfully accepted /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Tap dancing the tarmac Chris /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
A "Shelby" festival is planed for the Easter W'end in Victoria (Aust.)--25-28/3/05 staying at Wangarratta, racing etc at Winton then Drags at Heathcote then more brag time and social activities-- for Mustangs,Cobras and GT40s
Any takers?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
One day Wonders at Queensland Raceway
6/2/05,10/4/05,19/6/05 more to come
A one day event for "sports & perfomance" cars,production saloons,superkarts or openwheelers.
With a field of approx 100 ensures plenty of track time
and the last one standing(per group)gets a trophy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hey Ross, have you got a Qld event on your agenda this season?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Ooroo from the Guru Chris /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
A GT40 in the Classic Adelaide--rally--it happens to be'Ole 1109 with a new paint job--now red/white stripes and nice black wheels /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Should be a large contingent of GT40iii and cobras @ QR this Sunday--The Top Gear Classic (or One day wonders)
" Caarmon!!"
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
"Briz 31" <font color="red"> </font> as sponsored by QR will be there with cameras ready---they'll probably be in your face for those classical comments

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
After a 2 month rest the 'ole girl is still no match for the Quinns Porsche GT3s or a 7 liter Monaro.
Despite the heat we had a 15 minute qualifyer and 7 X 5 laps on 4 different circuits which consumed 70 litres of fuel
Almost had some competition from PR's GT40 but it retired early from a seriously detremental misfire .(at least I know where the monkey off my back has gone) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

3 cobras joined in the chase and they all performed extremely well-- my good lady gets really annoyed when I lap her across the finish line /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifso I let her beat me at home /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Keith

If you don't mind me asking - in what areas is the Monaro quicker than your '40? Apart from 7litre grunt on the straights that is taken as read. I always puzzled why they were quick against 360's, Lambo's and Porsche in the Nations Cup series. How do they get that front engined lump to get around corners so quickly? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

PS I may have misread your post. Were you referring to another vehicle? No matter, would still like to know how your '40 stacks up against that (grit teeth) General Motors thingy.

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
MONEY! did I mention Lotsa money /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif---I'm pleased to say that with my .1% of their budget this amateur is within 4 secs off their pace /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif--on a good day. The Munro 'bout the same on corners and bolted on the exit/straight .Porsches steadylier quicker every where.
The body shell of the Monaro is a disguise for the F1 undercarriage-- you might say /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
3 cobras joined in the chase and they all performed extremely well-- my good lady gets really annoyed when I lap her across the finish line /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifso I let her beat me at home /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif Chris was this a typo? Don't you mean I let her beat me home? If not, can I borrow your handcuffs and whips? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I just read recently that those 427 Monaro's cost somewhere between $500-$600k to purchase. Shame there are only a couple around since they dropped the project. They were built as road registered race cars. That particular Monaro was on full slicks and a full race setup.

Glad I made the trip out to watch the racing...it was spectacular. Everyone had a great time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Shame to see PR's GT40 retire early. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

But good to see my brother compaign successfully in the Cobra.

Keith

I suppose one of the reasons I'm interested, is that they imported one over here and ran it as a Vauxhall Monaro in the British GT championship 2004, where it came.......precisely no where. Well off the pace and unreliable. Curious..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
It must've been the Friday job and missed the northern hemisphere tune spec /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif oops
Rob, a high flyer with Virgin airlines is a thorough gentle man to race with--the Monaro was about 6 secs off the 5L group A pace. Some of his other stable includes -GT40 1109-Lola T70 mk3-RS2000-Ferrari Daytona-E type- Porsche RSR da da daa (I'm trying to be his best friend) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Plenty of close action at Morgan park this w'end as run by the MG club--- the GT is a lota hard work to keep up with 350kg motor bike engined rockets, turbo'd westfields,turbo'd Datsun and Porsche 911 and GT2 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

You know how they used to make "kit" cars from VW chassis ?
Well I've been thinking --- why not a Porsche GT2/3 platform with a GT40 body :grin--- should be able to keep up with them then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Came home with 3 x 2nds and 1 x 1st in class --- for the last race all the competition had gone - amazing what you can achieve when you're the only one out there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Super sprints at Morgan Park (again) will see Gary and Don in their GTs battle it out with a string of Cobras (10)in hot persuit. These super sprints are sure gaining popularity for all those novice racers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Phillip Island saw p1109 blitz the field at the hands of Wayne Park--with its extra ci,hp and new gearbox
Not to far behind was another 40 that I don't know about yet ,driven by Bert Skidmore /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Alrighty! "found a match" --a 996 (I think) turbo bloody Porsche ,we were neck and neck for the 7 events which made for some exciting racing (see local BRIZ 31, 9:30 this thurs. night for all the action on film) during the recent One day wonders event at QR--- I think there was a couple of Cobras playing tag along as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I'm really happy with the cars performance at the moment /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
This coming w'end will be hammer down at Morgan Park (more porsche battles)state championship--"thats were you'll find me" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Back