05 Tracks Drive

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
S'pose I'd better make sure my hair is combed and parted neatly for this w'end, 'cause the special guest of the event will be Tatiana Grigorieva----the Russian/Australian silver medalist 'pole'--vaulter of the 2000 Sydney Olympics /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif fame ( I think she was the only reason that anybloke would want to watch pole vaulting) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Anyone want her signature??

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Vic State round at Sandown this weekend
34 cars entered
21 Porsche
2 Cobra
2 Triumph Tr8
2 Clubman
1 Datsun 240z
1 MGB V8
1 Alpha GTV6
1 Dodge Viper
1 Mustang Cobra
1 Ferrari 360
1 GT40 That's Me!
Racing Saturday and Sunday all welcome to support me in garage #39.
Ross

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
I hate it when "Cobras" beat me--what happened the last 2 races??Ross.
My excuse (didn't finish the last 2 scratch races either)accidently slipped off the track and coming on again F'd /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif 2 RH wheels in a pot hole to the bitumen and scrubbed a LHF tyre--all fixable /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tatiana looked trick in a pink jacket and those nice long skinny legs only conceled by dark denims with faded bits Mmm

Haven't heard from any prospective sponsors yet?

Out of curiosity,ran the car over the scales--with me ready to race ,full tank 40L, came to a staggering 1325Kg--my contribution is only 82kg---so some car dieting must take place, other than that it's going like a rocket at the moment
Shed 400Kg ,some dynamic stability--thats 5 secs. hmmm look out Tony Quinn (VIP pet foods mogul and porsche cup champ)

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Here's the reason I wasn't in the last 2 races chris

Attachments

• 56140-GT40Damagebywfield001(600x450).jpg
    56140-GT40Damagebywfield001(600x450).jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 324

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Mr Martinez in a Westfield after I gave him racing room, drove straight in the side of me and you can see the result.I wasn't pleased with him & gave him a lot of verbal abuse afterwards in the pits.His unbelievable comment was "what happened"?

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
The car was going well and handling brilliantly.A 1min 20sec lap time 3 years ago would have been close to pole.Seriously fast cars out there now.At least I wasn't hurt.By the way chris I got hit on Sat by a Porsche and partially turned around.The car certainly took a pounding this w/end.
Ross

Ross,

OUCH!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

That's a damn shame, but then again, that's the nature of

racing. It's bound to happen sooner or later. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

You can't make an omelette without breakin' some eggs!

Glad to see that it wasn't any worse!

Bill

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Ross, that's a real bummer - I can see that you could probably live with the mechanical damage (sort-of), but what about the body ? Are there only big black tyre marks, or did the Westfield peanut manage to crack the glass as well ?

What sort of a comment is "What Happened" ???? Did he have a blackout or something ? Bloody Hell !!

Commiserations mate - I hope things turn out ok.

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Ross
Commiserations from here too. I'm sure with your determination you'll have it back on the road in no time, but that is not fun.

All the best.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Ross, bad luck mate. That comment "what happened" is as dumb as what really happened. The bloke should be driving a volvo not a westfield.

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
I see-------so where was that hand bag when you needed it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Another "race craft" experience
The upright appears to be lacking ductility--just my observation
Good to hear you're OK /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
The upright appears to be lacking ductility

[/ QUOTE ]
That's why I'm going to fabricate mine from sheetmetal.

Ross, glad you're OK. Look at it this way - if the upright hadn't broken you could have been up for some tricky chassis repairs. Nevertheless I would prefer to rely on breaking the heim joints.

Regards

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Thanks guys, you'll notice neither of the heim/rose joints are broken on the lower control arm, they are very tough units I have fitted.I'm happy with the strength of the uprights as it was a massive hit which you can see by the wheel damage.Of course we will always accept light weight components for unsprung weight reasons but strength and light weight can be poisonously expensive.Thanks for those remarks Peter I firmly believe now a driver that wont fess up usually has memory loss at the time of the accident.This happened to me when a guy in a 944 wrote off my 240z.The bitter pill for me was the flaggies only saw me out of control after the 1st hit,instant blame on Ross.However the good news from yesterday was that driver standards observers were situated around the track and let's hope Mr Martinez will finally get his comeupence.He does have a history.
Regards Ross

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Chris looks like you had fun with the Nissan Silvia & Futuracer, times very close.Hey how come you don't have any Porsches there? One consolation you had the only car that sounds right.As a matter of interest Stevens ( the GT3 driver that led our field) has spent $800,000. Just a little out of my league.How come you were'nt in the scratch races?
Ross

Back