05 Tracks Drive

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Congrats! Ross, a 3rd at Sandown --in the wet-GTs are good in the wet-- and only 4 races for the weekend. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Tim, and she made him do it twice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
This weekend --Leyburn sprints around the houses 10th anniversary----a great 3 hour drive from Brisbane if you need an excuse to evacuate some cob webs.
Fine weather predicted -6 c to 30 c and the crows fly backwards (so they don't get dust in their eyes)in these 'ere parts but the beer is wet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Also Clubman (Saturday Arvo) Sprints at QR this Saturday. Racing starts at 12pm. Be a group of Cobra's and maybe a GT40 or two.

Wanted to go for a look, but might spend the whole day working on the GT40 instead. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Well, she told me she could drive ? and if you look real close you can see the horns poking thru the helmut.
Square tyres are much better for stopping with---more contact area on the road /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 63370-05.jpg
    63370-05.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 263

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Whew, you are a brave man Chris, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif I don't think it looks like she has gone in too deep, your fault I reckon for not having the brake balance right. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
We are on our way to Goulburn for the Cobra nationals--know of only two GT40s going --hope "fast farty" has had his car repaired by then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Hope you'll be in the area Tim--need someone to talk jibberish with over the customery pint 'O Guinness /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm heading down as well, wouldn't miss it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Though not competing again this year. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Guys, i hope the weekend is a good one. Unfortuneatly i still don't have a car to bring /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif. I'll probably be lynched if i turn up in my HSV Maloo daily driver /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif.
I live an hour and a half north of Goulburn. At this stage i'm unlikelt to be there, but if i can escape for a while i'm sure i'll be able to fine you. Have fun.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
For those doing track work: my best at Wakefield in my clubman is 1:02.4 see how ya go /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hey Tim, I'm traveling down in a fellow club members SS ute. It will be loaded with race tyres for a few of the Cobra's. This club member has a registered Cobra, it is undergoing final surgery(paint etc) so that's why we are taking the ute.

He is going to race his SS ute on the track. Another member from QLD is also racing his Ford Courier ute, it's fitted with Lexus V8. Might have to start a ute racing class. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Getting down to 1:02 is amazingly fast. If any of the Cobra's or GT40's break the 1:10 they will be doing well. Hoping my brother breaks the 1:10 this year in the Harrison Cobra we built together. He did 1:11.2 last year.

For everyone else, they don't just do sprints at this meet, but also Hill Climb, 1/8th Mile Drags & Go-To-Whoa. Oh and of course a show & shine.

Hi Craig. I assume your brother's name is John? If so , congrats' , he made it under 1:10. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I bet it was warm down there, i hope you all had a great weekend.
results here

Fantastic Weekend, great weather and a great result for the Queenslanders. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

In his class my brother won Sprints, Hill Climb & Go-To-Whoa and 2nd in Drags in Harrison Cobra we built together. Mind you it's been fine tuned a lot since then. He came 2nd overall.

Only three GT40's showed up. 1 x RF, 2 x DRB. RF must have only been a waxer as it didn't compete. Both DRB's competed in every event. Hope to have my GT40 down there next year. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2 days rest and then back down for Bathurst. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Times for other events have been posted here.

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
The national event is certainly memorable when the venue and the weather "click"
Fast Forty threw everything he had at his freshly repainted red DRB to get a high score for the weekend---not bad for an old fella /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I was extremely fortunate to have a little punt at Pauls yellow DRB during the Fridays practice until it appeared that I might be enjoying it too much, and received a premature checkered flag /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gifTwo more laps and it would have set the pace for the super sprints /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
My brownie point bank is full --now that my best lady brought home some trophys as well/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

A snippet of our resting spot on the home run /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 66191-cobranats006.jpg
    66191-cobranats006.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 239

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
"Oky Dokey" Its that time of the year again here in Aus.for the Bathurst 1000--to see which of our family sedans are going to sell the most tomorrow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
So kick back with "esky" full of stubbies in front of the tellie and a plate load of camembert (gourmet cheese)and crackers
Go the Fords!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Proud to drive a HSV today!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Couldn't lose with a foot in each camp. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
A very interesting race--front running Fords taken out by Holden, (a GM product)firstly a wheel through a windscreen then a rear touch up and into the wall--Grrrrr /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Want a very interesting lunch? Invite Marcos and Greg and give them a few beers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
So come on guys who was at fault? Or was it "a racing incident" Me, I reckon Murph was in the wrong.

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Yep - even though Murph is a Kiwi, I reckon Marcos had the line. As for the balaclava incident.... I understand where the organisers are coming from (safety/insurace etc.) but was the wearing of said gear and policing of it stressed at the drivers/managers briefings? If so - shame on SBR for getting it wrong. If not, were SBR being victimised? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif Luck just doesn't seem to run Ford's way on the Mountain...

Back