Club Trip Le Mans Classic

The Dunlop curve has been emasculated unfortunately, but even so the 'parade' is not to be missed. Roy, can you ensure the organisers give us our 2 laps this time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hi David,
Unfortunately we probably won't know the number of laps available to us untill the actual day although I will press for two at least! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hi Fred,
The GTD Club have been invited by the GT40 Enthusiasts Club as guests.
The details will be going out in their next magazine

G

Great !!
That is a good new ! The best way for me now would be to have only one GT40 Clus in UK .... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gifdid you ever think of merging ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif by the way i'd have only one club to register from my deep France ! And i'll could manage the French agency, as i begin to know some guys here who own GT40 replicas. Ok i stop dreaming !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
See you at Le Mans Classic guys !!!!

O.K. Guys,
the new magazine is on its way with the entry form, if you want to go to this event, act quickly, fill in the form and send to me,
Prices are set at Ticket for Entry, Grandstands and Paddock and Marquee in Club area at £45.00 per person.
Track drive at £75.00 per car.
advise getting ferries and accommodation booked EARLY as this is one of the busiest weekends!

Hi Roy
Ferries booked, campsite booked, now awaiting postman to book tickets.
Do you do a special rate for the DOG. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Guys is this event fun? I've been invited to bring J6 which I might do as a friend is going with his D Jag. If I came I wouldn't race but would parade and be displayed in the pits.
I'd enjoy seeing all of you.

Hi,
I signed up for Le Mans at Bullington Cross last week and am currently trying to decide how to get there and where to stay.
I shall be driving my 'new' GTD40, which I currently can't fir into and so haven't taken out onto the road yet. Is a group from the Club going together, and is anyone prepared to hold my hand? (Ladies only may answer the last!)
Regards,
Tony Hunt

Attachments

• 23864-GT40.jpg
    23864-GT40.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 300
Hi Tony,
thanks for your entry form, we've got thirteen cars booked already, be nice to double that number though! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Hi Roy,

As you know, I was always planning to come, but now I have a 40 of my own, ( colecting today!) I'll be booking track time too, so expect my entry form soon.

I have the same problem that Tony has with his new car, i.e. that I have bought a car that I can't fit into ( I'm 6'4 ) so modifications are planned for

-the footwell and bulkhead,
-pedal box,
-steering rack mounting ( which is in the way of where the pedal box needs to go
-steering column,
-The seat - I may have to take it out completely and paint one on the floor! as I need ALL the space available.
-a Gurney dome (and the resulting re-paint - it goes on and on doesn't it!).

I think I've worked out a way to do it, but if anyone has any experience or ideas of a similar mod, please let me know.

Anyway, it WILL get sorted and it will be there next year.

Right, ferry booked, accommodation booked.
Is anyone going to be anywhere near Le Havre at about 14.00 on 22 July? We could make the trip to Le Mans in formation.
Tony Hunt

Chris,

That's great news /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I am also planning to lower my seat and raise the roof, as not being able to hold your head up straight on the track is seriously uncomfortable. At least you don't need crash hats for the Le Mans laps.

David

Back