F1 2008

Howard Jones

Supporter
Here ya go. Berrnies little girl. I will say however that the babes in F1 are the best.

Attachments

• tamaraecclestonehr.jpg
    tamaraecclestonehr.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 301

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Howard,
"I will say however that the babes in F1 are the best.":thumbsup:

Just an unlucky dry tyre gamble on the part of Glock/ Toyota,
From the horses mouth http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/teamquotes/detail/081102211703.shtml
Timo Glock
"I was on dry tyres at the end of the race when it was raining quite badly and it was just impossible on the last lap. I was fighting as hard as I could but it was so difficult to just keep the car on the track and I lost positions right at the end of the lap. Finishing in the top six is a decent result for me because I'd been struggling with the car earlier in the weekend but we were very close to fourth place so I am a bit disappointed."

Well done Lewis against all adversity, but hard lines on Felipe, he would have been just as deserving a champion.
Dave

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
Way to go Lewis!!!!!\

All this crap about Glock slowing is baloney - he was on dry tires in the rain for chrissakes!

Mike Pass

Supporter
Correct. The right man won. Even the FIA (Ferrari International Aid) can't fiddle this one!
Cheers
Mike

Last edited:
The booing had nothing to do with Glocks slowing. Every time Hamilton (JR or SR) appeared on any TV screen they boo'd. Low lifes.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
That's a wrap folks. A good result with no skulduggery. I know how hard Glock was trying and what he was faced with in the final lap. If only Massa had a slightly more serviceable car this season he would have wrapped it up two or three races ago.
It's been a lot of fun.:thumbsup:
Dave M

Keith

Bloody hell David! Give us a chance, I was just about halfway through decoding that. :laugh:

Two minutes is far too short a time at my age and condition.:drunk:

As for a prediction, after much reflection and navel contemplation, I have decided to be extremely wise AFTER the event. This seems a popular choice as far as F1 is concerned, so I will go with the flow... :blank:

Well I told you all didn't I?? rockonsmile

Massa deserved it too, but he wasn't racing 5 McLarens.. :lipsrsealed:

Us Brits just love an underdog and being up against it. If anything FA's determination to try and deprive LH of the Championship probably gave McDennis the edge, and ironically, if FA had got his stuff together earlier in the year, he would also have been a worthy title contender. There's more to come from PM, LH, FA and SV (as some of us predicted at the start of this season) and I don't believe anyone could have orchestrated that finish to the season. C'mon Paulo, you surely don't think that Toyota played second fiddle to Mercedes? Not enough cash mate... :gossip:

PS Heikki Heikki Heikki - what was that all about eh? :huh:

eheh..imho was only UGLY see Timo reminding he was on slicks just 2 turns before teh end...wonder why.
We stole championship last year?..now mclaren had its revenge (an incredible clip at last lap..of ron dennis and one of his engeneer,...with BALL eyes there O_O...ahah).
LH made the uglyiest race of his season (Vettel "humiliated" him...with a shitty car).

If only Fisichella gave a sense to his life hitting the mc laren.... ;)

What to say more?..nothing, lets hope next year will be better. (all a big joke guys, think we all dont care so much about this f1..is just to talk, u know :))

RichardH

AKA The Mad Hat Man
Whatever the outcome - a brilliant last couple of minutes - who wasnt on the edge of their seats?

and for those that think Ferrari have everyone in their pockets - watch and enjoy :D

pwn3d.gif

Its just got to be worth watching time and time again:D.

Keith

(Vettel "humiliated" him...with a shitty car).

Whoaaa down there a minute Paulo - not sure that your mates at Maranello and Adrian Newey (probably THE best car designer in F1) would agree with you there.:evil:

Those in the know said at the beginning of the season on this thread that everyone would know Sebastian by the years end. Next year definitely a force to be reckoned with. If the FIA can stop fiddling with the business, the Midget stop building mega buck car parks and calling them circuits, then next year it looks as if there'll be at least 6 different cars and drivers fighting for the title. At long last F1 seems to be recovering from the "Schumacher Effect" Yaaaay :)

But first, a winter of discontent for us all....:shifty:

Whoaaa down there a minute Paulo - not sure that your mates at Maranello and Adrian Newey (probably THE best car designer in F1) would agree with you there.:evil:

Dont really think anyway Vettel car is better than LH mclaren..also with Newey design..
Keith..I am too sad for mclaren win:(....for me will be much more better to see williams guys winning..not theme..:(..:lipsrsealed:

Btw Richard H...your animated gif is wonderful :D:D
(hope I found the crying ron...owned at the time... ;))

Attachments

• bunny.jpg
    bunny.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:

RichardH

AKA The Mad Hat Man
thank you Paolo - but I cant take the credit - the link is to someone elses photobucket account. :D

With all of the FIA wranglings this season, it came down to a fair fight anyway. The race was clean, LH doing what he needed to do, Masa doing the same. A win for Ferrari on Massa's home track and a world championship for LH. Sebastian is a force to be noticed. Lots of talent there.

Latest news - Stewards enquiry into Hamilton winning the world title - apparantly he didn't create any penalty situations during the last race and the Stewards find that unacceptable so Lewis goes back 3 places on the grid........................

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Molleur,
I totally agree. Hamilton drove a clean race, almost too clean...to the point that he nearly blew it. Massa did all he could do in executing a flawless weekend.

The race was a little dry in the middle, but was fun to watch. Looking forward to next season. Maybe Sebastian might add a little more interest, and from private team too......???

Back