F1 2008

ahahaha...right.
Tonight a satiric tv news gave a GIANT "Tapiro" dummy to Ferrari (they gift it when someone gets the ultimate delusion in any matter).
It is sized much more bigger than a car and they need a special truck to load it (gold plated of course).
They allowed mega Tapiro to enter the museum, officially adopted by Montezemolo itself,in the hope it will be for good luck the next year:)

Hope i will have the link of the video soon..:D too cool..

That's a wrap folks. A good result with no skulduggery. I know how hard Glock was trying and what he was faced with in the final lap. If only Massa had a slightly more serviceable car this season he would have wrapped it up two or three races ago.
It's been a lot of fun.:thumbsup:
Dave M
To quote Alan Jones:
If my aunt had balls she would be my uncle........................

Timo Glock leave throttle at last turn.
Now I would like to see who still saying we italiani are the usual mafiosi eh?
A misterious problem at the end of race..this is unfair.
WE were able to loose with tyhe best car.

Vaff..... mc laren...:(

sorry guys..too sad and too angry here...:(:(
I heard that someone's girlfriend listening to the F1 commentary asked if Timo Glock was a new Irish F1 Team?

!!

Tim O'Glock the new Irish driver - LOL!! Bet he gets a seat at McClaren any time he wants it. It almost reminds me of when Schumacher was driving and every other car used to pull into a layby to let him past - maybe that's what the sight that the yellow helmet will do from now on.

Only two things spoiling this years F1. The jeering from Brazillion and Spanish racist crowds. And the fact that Hamilton is a British driver, schooled and trained in Britain, driving a British car, a team run and directed by British personnel and all the Brits cheering him on, only to find that Hamilton would rather reward the Swiss government with his taxes................ I have to pay my tax to British government even though what I get in a year doesn't pay for one race worth of fuel in a McClaren car.

Question for all my friends up there:

It is true LH asked Ron Dennis (at the time of first engagemet) to have his dream car (mclaren F1 road car)as gift if he was able to win 3 championship?

Question for all my friends up there:

It is true LH asked Ron Dennis (at the time of first engagemet) to have his dream car (mclaren F1 road car)as gift if he was able to win 3 championship?

I think next year the road/race sports car will be called the 'Hamilton F1'.................

Malcolm

Supporter
I heard that story too about the F1 road car for Hamilton if he wins multiple championships. Sounds nice if it were true, no way to tell until he wins more championships. Hey Paolo, lets both hope he does so we find out for sure? :)

The gripes about LH basing himself in Switzerland to me is politics driven by envy. This isn't a pop at Peranaman as these gripes have been floating around for a long time. If soemone was stupid enough to pay me many millions of pounds a year, I think I would take steps to reduce my tax bill as well. I do already but leaving the UK is currently not cost effective. Sorry guys, I'm staying here for now!

LH has become a one man industry, like MS did for Germany. He will generate jobs and interest in the UK in all kinds of different ways. Not just T shirt printing. More sponsorship to McLaren which they will spend to make their cars faster. It filters down eventualliy to Joe Public. Most likely more than a few million extra to the Govenrment in tax would. IMHO of course.

I heard that story too about the F1 road car for Hamilton if he wins multiple championships. Sounds nice if it were true, no way to tell until he wins more championships. Hey Paolo, lets both hope he does so we find out for sure? :)

It's the F1 Road Car (i have a feeling it's the last one ever built) they have at McLaren HQ... he has to win 3 championships though!!!

ahah Malc!:D:D

....I dunno if any of F pilots will dare to ask the same:) the catalogue from maranello lovely toys is infinite! (MS had to buy a Daytona coupè replica btw..and King Mansell had to pay for his F40 at the time..LOL..)

The gripes about LH basing himself in Switzerland to me is politics driven by envy. This isn't a pop at Peranaman as these gripes have been floating around for a long time. If soemone was stupid enough to pay me many millions of pounds a year, I think I would take steps to reduce my tax bill as well. I do already but leaving the UK is currently not cost effective. Sorry guys, I'm staying here for now!
Malc - my point re LH in Switzerland was not based on envy, jealousy or even politics. It's just that there is always one law or one set of rules for the rich and one set for the rest of us. If you're very poor the state i.e. tax payers prop you up - if you are super rich you emigrate and take the gravy and the train with you. Leaving middle earners to alwsy foot the bill for everything. Even the big corporations do this they invest offshore, register their companies off shore and those of us mugs who are neither poor nor rich squeak when the tax burden falls heavier and heavier on us.

End or politics. Good job Lewis - remember though, all the fans support make you rich enough to emigrate.....

Howard Jones

Supporter
IMHO Having had a couple of looks at the limited video of Glock on the last lap you can see that Glock was going very very slowly on the last corner. The track was indeed wet. The question in my mind is the speed difference of the VERY slow Glock in the last corner compaired to the other cars as they exited the corner. Yes I know they were on wet tires. It apeared to me that Glock was very much off line to the inside and thus onto the portion of the track that had the most water on it. This I find odd. Had he been tring to run the fastest possible speed I would have thought that he would have remained on the driest line and therefor out in the middle of the track.

He also was going so slow that he was nearly run over. This also seams weird for someone into the points and running for the best possible finish at the last race of the year. I can fully understand slowing on dry tries in the rain. The question in my mind is how slow. It looked to me that it was slow enough to let Lewis by not slow enough to finish with out a shunt.

Keith

IMHO Having had a couple of looks at the limited video of Glock on the last lap you can see that Glock was going very very slowly on the last corner. The track was indeed wet. The question in my mind is the speed difference of the VERY slow Glock in the last corner compaired to the other cars as they exited the corner. Yes I know they were on wet tires. It apeared to me that Glock was very much off line to the inside and thus onto the portion of the track that had the most water on it. This I find odd. Had he been tring to run the fastest possible speed I would have thought that he would have remained on the driest line and therefor out in the middle of the track.

He also was going so slow that he was nearly run over. This also seams weird for someone into the points and running for the best possible finish at the last race of the year. I can fully understand slowing on dry tries in the rain. The question in my mind is how slow. It looked to me that it was slow enough to let Lewis by not slow enough to finish with out a shunt.

I wondered about this as well and have watched it over and over. It looks as if Glock drifted wide which is understandable given the conditions and his tyre choice and trying to get back on the power he very nearly lost it and got out of it at which point Hamilton came flying past. It's going to take a great deal of video analysis to prove Glock moved over - I can't see any reason why he would have done given that Hamilton didn't even know where he was at the time. Someone said earlier that on dry tyres in the wet they would lose 20 secs a lap. I beg to differ once the tyre temp has gone down and the pressures shot - more like 1 minute or more just to try and keep it on the island. There is no conspiracy - you cannot possibly plan stuff like this at this pace - how the hell was Glock supposed to know where Hamilton was without radio contact? (all teams can hear all the radio traffic) There was no 2nd gunman but there were at least five Ferraris.... Hamilton is F1 Champion and fairly won.. that's it - and if there ever was a conspiracy all season (and last) it was to prevent McLaren getting any more than a Paddock pass or 2 for their mates. :blank:

PS I am not and never have been a McLaren fan I'm a Brit and therefore fair play is very important to me. :)

Howard Jones

Supporter
OK, OK..... I will concede the point. Glock nearly lost it and Lewis got by him. Good enough I suppose. I do wonder how much slower Glock was on the lap before the last one. If in fact he was 40-50 sec slower than Lewis then that would account for the high closing speed. Anyone have the lap by lap numbers on the field. Seams this would settle it.

By the way I'm not a Lewis hater of anything. I think that Hamiton has run as fast or faster than his competitors all season most of the time. He did in fact score the most points up to the last race and he's every much as good of a driver as anyone else on the track in 2008.

It's just that last turn really looked odd to me. Glock I mean. I will say that both Lewis and Massa appeared to be at the limit on the last lap or two, at least to me, and if Glock had not slowed..................so much...................... We I guess Auntie hasn't any balls now does she?

It'a really to bad that this happened at all. LH really should not have let it come to it. He and the whole race to pick up the pace just a bit. You can't run prevent defence in the superbowl during the last 3 min when you are ahead by 1 point. The teams that do nearly always wish they hadn't. Lewis very nearly paid with a world championship for his, finish with the slimmest points margin possible strategy.

Timo Glock
69 1:18.688
70 1:28.041
71 1:44.731

Jarno Trulli
69 1:22.428
70 1:33.539
71 1:44.800

Ask and ye shall receive :)

Too great also see the love brazilian guys have for massa and our Ferrari.
He saluted all people there with heart..they loved all him.
Thats real supporting!as in football....

no dad saying BS to protect the scared kid by people's booooos !! ;)

I just hope we will be able to warm also our Kimi,a so great champion able to be faster than MS also if driving a McLaren :)D:D)..we need all our love and passion (and maybe some good italian wine..)to keep a little warmer the Iceman from Finland..but we will!

..and King Mansell had to pay for his F40 at the time..LOL..)

Which he sold instantly to the annoyance of Ferrari I believe!

Originally Posted by Malcolm View Post

I heard it was the Orange F1 GTR road car they have at the MTC of he wins back to back championships? But this is still just supposition and rumour.

Malcolm

Supporter
On telly last night I saw Ron Dennis confirm the story about LH getting the LM F1 from the Woking HQ (reported as being worth £5m, does this count as a benefit in kind?) and that the deal was for 3 world championships. So LH will get it in time for his 25th birthday! Ha, I got my 40 for my 25th (present to myself) but still waiting to win a race let alone a championship!

Back