MkIV

JohnC

Missing a few cylinders
Lifetime Supporter
We had one real cutie we called Dolly; she followed a Welshman named Matt around all the time, and every time she baaa'd, it came out "Maaaaaaat" instead. She did have some lovely brown eyes.

We dyed her green for St Paddie's Day and she took it like the trooper she was, but the final straw was when the Filipinos shaved the design of the Algerian flag in her coat, and the Algerians were not at all amused. That happened just before their Eid al Kibr, and before we knew it, there was Dolly spinning round on the rotisserie.....

I've seen one actual DeLorean here in Oz (Sydney), and noted that bare stainless steel doesn't look all that good after some years. Bare aluminium would be even worse, I expect, unless either clear-coated , clear anodised, or polished religiously (on your knees, with tea cup in left hand). If you are a Kiwi, you could train your favourite sheep to rush back and forth against the aluminium I suppose. The lanolin might help things also.

Dalton

OK, with the subtle thread drift, hate to post this, but, Fran isn't it 10 inches in the rear and 8" in the front????

Ahem, TIRE widths guys.

Fran, if you tell me to be careful with 10" what do you tell those guys that want more, like those guys that take 14 inches in the rear???

14" inches gives mighty grip. Anything smaller and the back end feels loose.

I didn't just say that, did I?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I'm gonna have to either quit hangin' round you guys or keep my back to the wall!!!! :D

Problem with 14" wheels is finding DOT rubber that is less than 31+ inches in diameter.. You really want something no taller than 28"...

I'm gonna have to either quit hangin' round you guys or keep my back to the wall!!!! :D

Dont think you would have to worry too much about that lot Randy, 2.5" at the rear end or even a visit to the Doc for a prostate checkup would have most of them shakin like jelly!

Jac Mac

Like a trip to NZ.....

You defended yourself WAY too quickly on the 2.5 issue....always a guilty sign.

Hope your not coming on the same boat that you sent Flat Chats car out on, all that time at sea could do strange things to your mind. At least that will give me time to shift the sheep out to the back paddock, will leave you some daggy old wethers just to see what your made of !
Will you have some spare time to help weld up my chassis while your here?

Jac Mac

Would love to help you with welding your chassis.......

My Dad almost moved the family to NZ about 25 years ago as he was working there at the time.....missed opportunity...so many sheep...so little time.

Flatchat was too cheap to pay the shipper so we had to fnd someone to row it over...the RCR chassis floats pretty well.

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Jac, I'm willing to tag along with Fran and video tape the experience for a spot on the Discovery channel. The welding that is. I will leave Fran his privacy with the sheep.

Jac, I'm willing to tag along with Fran and video tape the experience for a spot on the Discovery channel. The welding that is. I will leave Fran his privacy with the sheep.

Gregg, Hope your handy with a set of hand shears & a jigsaw. The hand shears for giving the wethers a clip as even Fran might baulk at the challenge when he see's them, and the jig saw for cutting out the chassis bits. Flo-Jet and CNC around here are like Sheep & Fran, a figment of his imagination. Actually there are a few Cattle here as well, could get him to show us his Bum p Steer talents as well- that should get Discoveries ratings up!

Jac Mac

sir, on behalf of the civil nth island component i forward my apology for the ruff buggers down sowf

Back