Racing Calendar for Queensland (AU.)

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
*15-16/2/03 @ Queesland Raceway
*17-18/5/03 @ Morgan park
*26-27/7/03 @ Q.R.All historics
*9-10/8/03 @ M.p.
*29-30/11/03 @ Q.R.
This is where my 289ci DRB gets to screem its heart out .These are the core of the calender,there are plenty more race and sprint events thru th year
wink.gif

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Hi Flatchat
Where is Queesland? Only joking, are these race meetings where a marque sports 2B log book is required or are they sprint meetings? I am waiting on homologation for the RF before I can apply for this log book, not to mention roll cage homologation and C4 CAMS licence, did I mention yearly medical check. It costs a lot of money to race too. Just to feel that push in the back and those wonderfull geeeeeeee forces in corners.
Regards Ross

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Yup! door handle t' door handle stuff--sports 2A currently--yes half roll cage-- yes cams C3 or higher--yes expensive ,entry
@$250 min.++ & garage hire as well --thats for the GT then there's the cobra!!
Love to see more GT's on the track 'cause that's where they belong !
cool.gif

This Sat. 1/02/03 afternoon sprints on @ QueeNsland raceway start 11:30am $30 for track licence then $7/lap--3x5lap sessions
Any RF's out there wanna play????
The now famous GT40 Australia sausage sizzle lunch is also on for all that gentlemanly GT40 talk
cool.gif

Hey flatchat
what's happening this weekend at Qld Raceway, or have I mixed the calendar up.
Des
PS how's the new supension?

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
It's full bore this w'end .Me in sportscars class amongst 20 others and my very best friend Yvonne (that's YVE) running MY cobra in a "regularity" class,she's good! My group class 2a 2b 2c 2f consists of 1 gt40 , 240z, porsche,mx5's,westfields & clubmans (looks like 4 first places again)of interest will be the "Prosport Mulsanne" a 1100cc 360Kg ROCKET!--Awesome- . My new front end (full rose jointed)feels great I'll comment further after the w'end. I especially thank 'uncle' Peter Ransom of GT40 Australia for allowing me to mess up his pristine workshop and in helping me with the change over. Ta mate ,Cheers!
cool.gif

Great news on both weekend and front end.
Both Sat and Sun or just one?
I intend bringing some guests for a look at the GTs in action.
Regards Des

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Ho hum,4 races, first in class each. The car performed extremely well with its new front end--just some tweeking of spring rates and shockers.Looks like I may have some competition soon,--met an RF's owner during the w'end--great to meet like minded people @ these events.
The w'end 1-2/3/03 super sprints @ Morgan Park,(Warwick, Queensland Au)at least 2 GT40's (DRB)will be running alongside a half dozen cobras .Thats 4 flying laps side by side, should be action packed as they unleash up to 600hp
cool.gif

Just in from a W'end of coaching 2 GT40s & 5 Cobras up to nearing race speed . "The Missus" set the pace all day (in MY cobra) until motherly instinct over took killer control and was pipped at the post by a lousy second . The 2 GTs (DRB) looked and sounded fantastic, their superb presentation was well rewarded with a class win-well done ,Gary & Don
23/3/03 a.m. Practice @ Morgan Park for GT40s & Cobras
29/3/03 Sat. arvo sprints @ QR
25/5/03 Muscle car shoot out @ QR
cool.gif

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Anyone hear of the "TARGA TASMANIA"?( I'm sure that most red blooded Aussie blokes would be familiar with the little map of Tasmania--down below) Well thats where we will be between 10/5/03 & 19/5/03 co-piloting a Triumph TR7/8, (as the lord said ,come fourth in triumph) should be a pile of fun as it handles as bad as a cobra. The event IS prestigious and world class--check it out www.targa.org.au
cool.gif

Just back from The Targa Tasmania, what an occasion!!Its like entering a mouse trap--- one foot wrong and its game over--a very demanding event The TR7 protested from day 1 till day 4 when I finished it off upside down .A couple of stages were done on 7 cyls due to broken rocker shafts However we do have potential by coming 2nd in class and 116th from 267. The GT 40 and the Ultimas comanded a fair amount of attention.
The w'end gone saw a huge gathering of 60's&70s'muscle cars doing a shootout @ Queensland Raceway.Among them were 5 DRB GT40s Gary was fastest o/a while Trevor was doing battle with Steve Sheddon (from Sydney) for runner up They sure look good @ speed
The all Historics @ Queensland Raceway on 26-27/7/03 will be my test with the extra
200+hp and some of them baldy tyres
cool.gif

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Finally, all that was needed ,is to login. DUUUH!
The new mill works a treat I can pass things like they're standing still-- a great feeling indeed.
25/10/03 special sprint day @ QR (a bit of practice)Also Indy Cars are on @ the Gold Coast.
1-2/11/03 2 day sprint-long track-@ Morgan Park (GT40s & Cobras) final series.
29-30/11/03 Last race for the year,run by MG club.
The Cobra nationals @ Wakefield Park has been run & won-- I believe some GT40s competed ,any comments???? as I was unable to make it this year- damit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
7/12/03 "High tech" shoot out--any one?? @ Queensland Raceway .I hear a quick Ultima has been entered and it needs a bit of a hurry up, so here's your chance GT40 (or Cobra) Guy's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

DRB GT40 #17
Yellow/Red
320rwhp from a carburetted dynosaur

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
2 Days of racing this W'end (29-30/11/03) @ Queensland Raceway

DRB#17
Yellow/Red
302W
G50
Slicks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
2 Days of racing this W'end (29-30/11/03) @ Queensland Raceway

[/ QUOTE ]

What time, and what day would be best to go to see some gt40s? Thanks for your time!

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Probably the Sunday but any time b'tween 9am Sat & 3pm Sun.
Gemini's,HQ's,formula ford,saloon cars,Group N,production series,super karts, Fvee,Sports sedans & SPORTS CARS!!
State championships,feature races Sunday
www.queensland-raceway.org.au /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Hi Lee, a hole in one! I guess you'll be remembering the trip through the cane fields then.It goes a bit better now, since it's tune up.
This is DRB country and we're ready for fun!
So next time you're over this way stay a while so we can savour the delights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Thanks for the info flatchat, sounds like an excellent weekend, and good luck if you are running your car!

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
You know when you turn up at the track with every consievably spare part-- Except the ones you most desparately want!!The bloody thing played up like a second hand lawn mower all w'end.But we didn't give in,after a blown top header tank hose,a broken fan belt, a popped off bottom inlet hose and a slipping harmonic balancer, we finished the championship race 1st in class and peeled a second off the track record for that class .(marque sports cars 3000-6000cc) There is still 3 seconds per lap to match the 360 Kg 1100cc "sports cars" and a Westfield. Other than that it was a good weekend-- Thank you very much.

DRB#17
Yellow/Red
302W
G50
Nice smooth tyres /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Back