Superformance Ford GT MkII

I agree. I've never heard anything negative about SPF. What an INCREDIBLE development--why am I the last to hear about this project--or was it a suprise to everyone else here too?

Ron Earp

Admin
No, this project was unveiled here over 2 years ago Doc, you got to use the search button......

Their stuff will be top drawer, no doubt, and will be the replica to beat I am sure. They've always made very nice stuff, not that others don't either, but I'm certain that it will not disappoint.

I was all about Corvettes until about two years ago...when I contracted terminal snake fever. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Search button?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Man, That is one pretty car!! My favorite color too.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
That price is really good but I can't help wonder what trans will be used. It will be interesting to see if they have an installation package that includes the half shafts, mounts, linkage, belts, pulleys, brackets, starter, Altenator, Clutch, flywheel, and alot other stuff that is needed to put an engine and transaxle in with. It's the time and cost of all these little items that add up quick.
It would be a shame to drop a Porsche or Audi box in that thing with all the original detail. I'm betting most will go for the ZF box onto a 351CID. There ain't no way I can see getting the ZF for under $8K for a rebuilt used one.
Just a guestimation but I'm thinking minimum price delivered with engine and trans between $80 & $90K.
Still, I'm looking forward to seeing one in person. As always HiTech does do quality.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hershal,

I am told from the factory that it will be set up for the ZF 351 combo.

One of the first 20 produced is going to someone in your area.

Mike

Hersh

I agree...I am impresssed with the fact they stuck to their
guns and got the steel roof in the package.
Will be interesting to see how this affects ERA's
GT40 sales.

MikeD

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I cannot say foir sure but I heard that SPF had decided not to do a T44 but was going to do a modern design transaxle that could be sold for other applications. I seem to remember Andre saying the designer from Ricardo that did the Ford GT unit was now in south Africa and working on it.
Rick

I like the part that 90% of SPF GT40 parts will fit the orignial GT40......They actually are going to make parts available to original owners that need something!

they told me that, as much as possible, they went back to the original manufacturers of parts and are having them supply the same part as original - e.g., oil cooler, radiator, etc.

Mike

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
I sent an email this morning to Rob Ginn who is a Superformance dealer just north of Atlanta with an invitation to check out our forum since he now a defacto GT40 guy.

I hope he'll register and participate. It's always nice to get "official" information or, at least, as close to it as we can get. In getting his contact info from Club Cobra I saw some very nice words about Rob: he sure seems to be "good people" based on what I read there.

Regards,
Lynn

McMichael Motorsports: This is Rob's website.

Re: Superformance Ford GT MkII

I'm her, and have been lurking for quite awhile. I can't speak for the factory or Hi Tech but I can tell you what I know. I have the #003 coming and I will know alot more about the chassis when it arrives. All are welcome to check it out. In fact help unload.....

I can tell you that this is the finest replica we've made as far as accuracy goes. The coupe is a great GT but made civilized. I have been told that I will be able to fit in the car. I'm 6'4" and Jimmy Price is fairly big too and he says we can fit comfortably. The Gurney bubble will help.
The Mark IIa is being constructed know with the Mark I to follow shortly. The first versions will take small blocks only. As it stands now they will also be two race versions that will be right hand drive and right hand shifting. These two models will only be for track and will take the engines that were in the originals. ( 289 for Mark I and 427 FE for the Mark II)

Production will be conservative at first and will probably stretch out as the intial orders are made. then the normal 3 to 4 month period will kick in. We have sold a couple already and once they are on the streets they should take off.

I will try to answer as much as I can but I can speak for the other dealers or for the corporation.

Regards Rob

Rob,
Welcome to the forum. It's good to have someone that knows give us the scoop on that beautiful GT. I hope I get to see one up close soon. From the pictures it sure is impressive.
I'm still in the dark as to the transaxle. So far all we have heard is rumor about what it's going to be. Have you been told what transaxle you will have to use?

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

First a correction to earlier post. I can't speak for the other dealers and the corporation.

Hersh. right now the recommended transaxel is the RBT unit or old ZF. We have looked at ALL of them. Ricardo, Audi, Porsche...etc. Size and ability to handle the amount of torque of the recommended engines will be the determining factor. The factory and one of our dealers are actively exploring other possibilites. One my car I'm looking at a Roush 347 with the eight stack FI system and an RBT unit. We'll see how that will work out.

Rob

I feel like I'm gonna pass out. This is truly incredible. Robert, what are the chances you could arrange to have one at the St. Louis Run 'n Gun in Aug this year if this isn't already planned by SPF? *I'll arrange for my own paramedic post pass out.

Hello all. Here goes my first post. I'm told I was the first in the Chicago area to put my money down for the Superformance car. I ordered the MKI body, and had hoped to get right-drive, right-shift with the 351 Roush 8 stack. Unfortunately, it seems those are all impossibilities. I'm warming up to having to use the 302, but the central shifter I'm having a bit of a problem with. Still, I'm confident this will be the best replica out there.

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter

If it's r\h drive - l\h shift your concerned about, don't worry. I have a l\h drive - l\h shift. Takes about 10 times through the gears to get used to then no worries mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Daryl, dont worry, the superformance MK1 is coming, I have just seen the body panels made in the UK and being shipped to Capetown for moulds to be taken from them, they are perfect original pattern panels moulded from an original race car. Frank

Back