gt40s chassis drawings (original cars)

Hi all,
some friends of mine are finally preparing the gt40 for rfactor.
They ask me if we can found somewhere on the net drawings of the monocoque chassis of the original cars.

I am sure u can help me:D

Paolo

Probably next to impossible. Many have tried without luck. Not sure why no one wants to share that bit of information.

ah...didint know this was a "secret" part, really.
Maybe SPF masterpiece is identical to the originals also in chassis...and so maybe will be the same to use that one?

All this in the tiral to have the nicest virtual replica for one of the nicest driving games (the GT Legends was a disappoint...so hard to make that winner as it has to be..)..and doesnt reach the 200 mph.

Hope I can found something....nothing SO technical...just chassis profiles, enough to finish the add-on

Paolo

Paolo, What, exactly, do you need. Our monocoque was built from original and we have the full set of drawings in "solid works". Let me know what you need and how we can get it to you.
Regards

Wow - nice. I use SolidWorks all day every day. (That's what I've been designing my car with - although I'm not doing a GT40 - it's my own design.) Say, for my own curiosity's sake, would you object to me getting those files??? I've been real curious about about what FloWorks would say concerning the drag, lift, etc... (if you have the body panels and windscreen modelled...) I have COSMOS too, but I'm not so sure about doing a monocoque on a PC.

Hi friends from Hi Tech.
Think he needs a draw of the monocoque to define the barycenter of the car.I already provided some drawings from the models I have in my shop, but he asks me now for a similar draw of the chassis (for example the exactly point where engine is fixed to the chassis).Tomorrow will ask him exactly what he needs, I am anyway sure just a orthogonal projection will be perfect (I already show him the thread in the forum with 3d chassis)

And looking on all my books seems Bill prophecy is absolutely correct..such draw is really hard to find

Paolo

Last edited:
..and looking around on my books I found this list of chassis numbers (sorry for the images position and quality..getting crazy trying to post those since 1 hour...)

Paolo

Attachments

• scansione0001.jpg
    scansione0001.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 1,520
  • scansione0002.jpg
    scansione0002.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 1,458
  • scansione0003.jpg
    scansione0003.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 1,465
  • scansione0004.jpg
    scansione0004.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 1,430
  • scansione0005.jpg
    scansione0005.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 1,400
  • scansione0006.jpg
    scansione0006.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 1,515

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Lance,
I too have been looking for prints but not to build a car, but rather a 1/6th scale mono just for my own amusement. No one with print will share them...perhaps I understand why but nevertheless I intend to build a scale 40 tub with suspension.
Rick

This isn't actual plans,
but an orig. basic drawning from J.W. Automotive Engineering Limited.
(From their Spare Parts Book)

Don't know that this will help at all,
but someone may want a copy of it ?

Cheer's !

Curtis

Attachments

• 1ChassisTub.jpg
    1ChassisTub.jpg
    464 KB · Views: 2,701
Thanks Curtis,
That is anyway a good draw of the monocoque.
All we are searching is just something to add details to a future upcoming car for rfactor.
More material we have..more accurate will be the car, this draw helps a lot anyway.

Grazie
Paolo

Glad it may be of some help.

Here are a couple more for your files.
From same sorce !

Cheer's !

Curtis

Attachments

• 2Chassis.jpg
    2Chassis.jpg
    362.6 KB · Views: 1,422
  • 3Shell.jpg
    3Shell.jpg
    334 KB · Views: 1,432
HiTech Auto

I am writing this to you from South Africa, and I am also looking for some form of chassis drawings or model to work from, are you able to assist?

Regards

Peter

Paolo,

It is a very closely guarded group/groups who have access/copies.

Keep looking and sooner or later a set will be available for you to see.

They are out there.

Regards,

Scott

Hi Guys

I had the pleasure a few months ago to inspect all of the original hand drawn drawings thought to be long gone, still in the original drawing chest used at FAV Slough.
I cannot reveal the location but can tell you they are still in the UK and in fine condition.

Regards
Chris.

Back