Where to drill bleed points in inlet manifold?

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
I though I was ready to drill a bleed point at the back of my Performer inlet manifold, but now am not so sure. I see from my photos there are blanked holes there in the standard CI head, but open passages in the my new performer heads. Now I am not sure if there is a water passage running across the manifold from head to head since I didn't take a photo except from the top of the manifold. I searched and found threads on the subject but not explicit enough to be sure. So can someone enlighten me as to where I drill the hole(s) and whether the drillings go into a passageway in my performer manifold, or through the manifold into the head passage?

thanks
Dave

If your manifold is like mine you will need to drill two holes, one for each head. To do this you will need to pull the intake to make sure you it the coolant port in the head. This photo may help:

Attachments

• IM000639.JPG
    IM000639.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 341

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Thanks Jonathan, the manifold looks very similar, and I can see that the connections are angled to go through into the head port. Since there is one each side, I guess there is no passage in the manifold. I think that answers my question, and yes, I would have to be extremely confident on my ability to get into the head port before I would try without removing the manifold.

Dave

Back