Happy TOM

HI

I have not done much on the GT40 in the last three weeks. I had to prepare my racebike for a endurance race last weekend.

The race took place in Oschersleben ( very nice race track) and went perfect.
Sven (my teammate ) races a Yamaha XT 500 ( make 79) thumper and i race a EGLI framed 500 cc Suzuki GS500 twin.

After a 4h race in 33°C hot summer conditions we finished 1st in the class till 750 cc with 6 laps more than the second place team ( we also where 15 sec faster than the fastest over 750cc team and would have won this class as well). We just had a perfect race, the seven changeovers went smooth as it could go and the bikes had no problem at all.
This brought us a 3rd overall place. This race is existing since 5 years now. We attended for the first time an "smashed" all of them ( the first two teams overall run modern type "classics" with 17" wheels, racetires, modern suspension and brakes and at least 2 to 2,5 times the power of us). Especially our competitors couldn´t believe that with this small displacement bikes we finished so far ahead.
Our only comment to this was " driving fast helps". !
We got a lot of positive and enthusiastic feedback, from all the spectactors watching us beating the "big cui and horsepowerbikes" .
Sven and me are very happy. as you can see on some of the pics onby( i´m the one still in leathers).

No back on the GT 40

TOM

Sven in action
20080726_2330.jpg

20080726_2427.jpg

Me in action
20080727_1313.jpg

20080727_1226.jpg

20080727_1335.jpg

Us celebrating the victory
20080727_1385.jpg

20080727_1389.jpg

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Congratulations Tom!!!!

That's one kind of racing I never had the ballz to do.... Love watching them though!!!

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Well done Tom

There is not too much tyre on that bike compared to the current superbikes etc.

I remember getting a video a couple of years ago of the Isle of Man through the ades and some of the bikes from 50 years ago were fast - or the riders had big ones - really big!

Ian

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Aye, so your the one putting the rcr cup holder in for those big "brass" ones :thumbsup:

Back