Avon Tyres

Chuck

Supporter
Avon Tyres

We are contemplating upgrading to Avon Tyres. I am wondering if anyone has specific experience using Avon's on an RCR GT40. Want to confirm there will be no issues on fit.

The tires we are considering are CR6ZZ. Front: 215/60 15" and Rear: 295/50 15"

Roger Kraus Racing is one supplier we have found. Are there others?

Can't comment on the size/fitting question but I had those cr6zz Avons on my spf cobra - best tires I ever had on that car for street use. Also been in Olthoff's gt40 when he had the avons on it.... thumbs up.

Avon Tyres

We are contemplating upgrading to Avon Tyres. I am wondering if anyone has specific experience using Avon's on an RCR GT40. Want to confirm there will be no issues on fit.

The tires we are considering are CR6ZZ. Front: 215/60 15" and Rear: 295/50 15"

Roger Kraus Racing is one supplier we have found. Are there others?

Hi Chuck,
Put those tyres on my GTD earlier in the year and have to say they are the best £ for £ performance improvement on the car!
Same fronts as you propose and no problems with fitment. I have 275 on the rear - no problems (Previous Tyres were not Avons but rears previously were 295/50 and again no problems........... on a GTD) :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dave Collins

Supporter
I have the 215/60R15 and 295/50R15 on my RCR MK11 and had no issues with the fit. The tyres have worked well especially in the wet driving conditions experienced during most of this summer.

Dave

Can anyone suggest what size Avons I should use to replace Goodyear Sport Car Specials that are 23.5X10.5X16 front and 27.0X14X 16 rears? I noticed some paint rubbed off on the underside lip of the left rear so 27" might be too tall. Maybe 26.5" if available? The car has the P1075 flares. Thank you in advance...

I bit the bullet and put them on my car. They have worked great so far. Pushed it out of Fran's shop and rolled the car on the trailer. Can't complain with the handling what so ever! I just hope they don't dry rot before I finish my project!

Can anyone suggest what size Avons I should use to replace Goodyear Sport Car Specials that are 23.5X10.5X16 front and 27.0X14X 16 rears? I noticed some paint rubbed off on the underside lip of the left rear so 27" might be too tall. Maybe 26.5" if available? The car has the P1075 flares. Thank you in advance...

The Avons mentioned are the best choice. I fit they to my Lola and they handle a lot better than the Sports Car Specials. Call Rodger and talk to him. If you mention my name he probably won't charge you more.

:)

Thanks Jim. I sent an email to ERA to see which Avons were installed when it was new. I'll call Roger tomorrow to see what he has to fit 16" rims with Gulf flares. I wonder if ERA mounts tires, if not, hopefully they can recommend a good shop in my area.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Mine are getting old but still stick pretty good when warm, I can't believe the tread life of these tires, I would have thought them to be eaten up a couple years back but they are not.

Steve you ready for that cruise?

Back