1012 at Goodwood

Just a couple of pictures I took on Sunday. What a glorious day!!

Attachments

• 60285-Goodwood2005039.jpg
    60285-Goodwood2005039.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 438
A very good day out. Fabulous cars, and a fabulous air display from a 747 while we were in the car park. Imagine - a 747 doing an air display!! Rounded off a very good day. And that web site for 1012 - very well done. A great website full off lots of information about the cars.

I am so jealous! I recently suffered a stroke and the doc has banned me from driving for a month so couldn't go. Had a fabulous time there last year. Now I aim to make the Revival meeting in September which I have never been to before.

On the stroke front I have regained full use of my right arm and leg which means I can still use the gearchange on the GT40...Phew!

Ken, I hope to get to the Revival this year, also for the first time. Good to hear you are recovering well. Best wishes for a full and complete recovery.
Murray

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
1008 The Gulf liveried Ford Motor Company car was there also.Registration Number FMC 1.The new GT was 1 FMC.

[/ QUOTE ]

There were of course also the 2 replicas (Dave Champ's & Tony Hunt's) on the Enthusiasts club stand + another on the Janspeed (I think) stand just behind, (blue, reg "T 40 GTD"?).

I also spotted a red one in the GRRC area of the South car park, but don't recall the reg at present (will check my pics later).

Max

Re: 1012 at Goodwood & web site

Hi, just visited the web site about GT40 # 1012 ( www.gt40-1012.com ) a very nice story and a lot of passion from the owners.
The story of the other MKIIs is also told.
It made my day !

[ QUOTE ]
There were of course also the 2 replicas (Dave Champ's & Tony Hunt's) on the Enthusiasts club stand + another on the Janspeed (I think) stand just behind, (blue, reg "T 40 GTD"?).

Max

[/ QUOTE ]

The Blue GTD on the Janspeed Stand (T40GTD), was that of Bjorn Arnils, complete with full Stainless exhaust from Janspeed which attracted a great deal of interest all weekend and sounded..............just Awesome....!

Seen here at Goodwood 2004... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 60529-bjornGWD.JPG
    60529-bjornGWD.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 371

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
That figures - anything that 99% of the population derives pleasure from, the "fun police" will try to spoil !

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

That GT40 P1012 popped up at my local body work shop in Luxembourg, but it is a guy from Monaco owning it. Anyone that sees the connection?

The owners website www.gt40-1012.com makes for interesting reading esp re parts & copies etc

Also present were 1027 and 2 Euro spec Ford GT

If you check that link out which is still good there is heaps of info on the car and how it was resurrected with a new tub [ at a price most of us would kill for]....one pic with rear clip raised shows it fitted with a rare 58 IDA manifold where the carbs are mounted crosswise...eg front carb services #1 & #5 etc.

Back