10th Anniversary for J40GT

G

Today is the tenth anniversary of my car being put on the road. Bought in October 1990 it became road legal on 1st May 1992 and after only four hours the car was stopped by police for a check over. No such excitments today as the car is on jacks with a suspension hiccup from Mondays visit to Donnington, needing sorting before its next outing. A shame as I was planning to take the car to Goodwood today but made do very well with Wendy's Lotus 51. Got 57 laps in without incident.

There are so many stories that could be told of running my 40, but it would a long time to type them all out. However one overriding thing is that the car has opened many many doors for me in going to new places and meeting new friends.

The car is now very different to how it started with many upgrades and new developemnts on it. So much is available now that wasn't available then. However 24000 miles done so far, plenty more intended. I nearly sold the car a couple of years back to build another taking into account all I had learnt from this car but very fortunatley changed my mind.

Malcolm

Back